PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

Big Ten/ACC Challenge Schedule (TV, times released)

Monday, November 29
Virginia at Minnesota, 7 p.m., ESPN2

Tuesday, November 30
Iowa at Wake Forest, 7 p.m., ESPNU
Georgia Tech at Northwestern, 7 p.m., ESPN2
Ohio $tate at Florida State, 7:30 p.m., ESPN
Mchg*n at Clemson, 9 p.m., ESPN2
Tar Holes at Illinois, 9:30 p.m., ESPN

Wednesday, December 1
Indiana at Boston College, 7:15 p.m., ESPNU
North Carolina State at Wisconsin, 7:15 p.m., ESPN2
Purdue at Virginia Tech, 7:30 p.m., ESPN
Mrylnd at Penn State, 9:15 p.m., ESPN2
Michigan State at Duke, 9:30 p.m., ESPN

http://nusports.cstv.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/080910aac.html

I really thought we were headed to be the ESPNU game that day. So, getting on ESPN2 is a pleasant surprise. The late start time, however, is disappointing. Why isn’t the game at Wisconsin – also on ESPN2 and in the central time zone – the late one?

Maybe because NC State has the further trip to get home. With Maryland playing here and NC State in Madison, both traveling squads will get probably get home about the same time.

I hope I don’t need a nap during the game…

hawk,

Be like Mike, do like I do, take a nap before the game! :smiley:

Hope the game doesn’t “put ya to sleep!” :wink:

[quote="SideshowBob, post:2, topic:1292"]I really thought we were headed to be the ESPNU game that day. So, getting on ESPN2 is a pleasant surprise. The late start time, however, is disappointing. Why isn't the game at Wisconsin -- also on ESPN2 and in the central time zone -- the late one?[/quote]

Maybe because NC State has the further trip to get home. With Maryland playing here and NC State in Madison, both traveling squads will get probably get home about the same time.

Lar, you may be right, but that assumes ESPN cares about kid’s travel schedules… My bet is that they put our ratings dog opposite the Duke/MSU matchup, the juiciest one of the whole challenge, assuming whatever game they put opposite that one isn’t going to draw much anyway.

[quote="SideshowBob, post:2, topic:1292"]I really thought we were headed to be the ESPNU game that day. So, getting on ESPN2 is a pleasant surprise. The late start time, however, is disappointing. Why isn't the game at Wisconsin -- also on ESPN2 and in the central time zone -- the late one?[/quote]

Lar, you may be right, but that assumes ESPN cares about kid’s travel schedules… My bet is that they put our ratings dog opposite the Duke/MSU matchup, the juiciest one of the whole challenge, assuming whatever game they put opposite that one isn’t going to draw much anyway.

TOTALLY AGREE…ESPN cares about nothing but profit…

True, but their profits depend to some extent on making schools happy. If (and that’s a big if) the schools complain about start times, ESPN will at least hear them out.

True, but their profits depend to some extent on making schools happy. If (and that’s a big if) the schools complain about start times, ESPN will at least hear them out.

VERY LITTLE…They would cater to Duke…probaly no one else.

You’re probably right. Given that they wouldn’t make us any promises regarding scheduling our game, there’s probably no reason to think they’d do NC State much of a favor. I was just grasping at straws.