PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

Big East Presidents to meet in DC this weekend

Lots to talk about. I would think uncertainty surrounding the future of the Big East can only help out hoops recruiting in other conferences.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/_/id/7031700/big-east-presidents-meet-weekend-discuss-future

I hear you. I think the ACC & Big 10 will get helped a lot since they border the Big East schools. U still think its funny that Syracuse and Pitt didn’t want us in the Big East and they were the ones to abandon ship.

If the presidents are meeting on a weekend, something will probably come out of this. Usually the AD’s and asst VP’s, etc. meet to hammer out details of a deal and the presidents meet to sign off. I’ll be really interested to see if a private plane flies in from South Bend.

The real interesting thing will be what WVU does.

Could be a few less presidents. BYU just accepted a Big12 bid and rumors is Louisville and WV could be picked off from the Big East.

I only hear rumors of BYU accepting a BIG XII bid.

What is your source?

I think Syracuse wanted us in and Pitt was the leader of the opposition.

I’d heard rumors of WVU to the SEC, but the Big 12 would make a lot more sense. Louisville would fit in more with the Big 12 too.

Could be a few less presidents.[b] BYU just accepted a Big12 bid [/b]and rumors is Louisville and WV could be picked off from the Big East.

What is your source?

Twitter. Isn’t that everyones source now a days? :slight_smile: Saw it posted on FOS board.

[quote="PSUdraw, post:4, topic:2695"]Could be a few less presidents.[b] BYU just accepted a Big12 bid [/b]and rumors is Louisville and WV could be picked off from the Big East.[/quote]

What is your source?

Twitter. Isn’t that everyones source now a days? :slight_smile: Saw it posted on FOS board.

OK. You state one like it’s happening, and identify the other as a rumor. Just was looking for the difference.

Looks like TCU has an invite to the Big XII.

http://espn.go.com/dallas/ncf/story/_/id/7066994/sources-tcu-horned-frogs-meeting-discuss-big-12-invite

I think they’d be wise to accept. I don’t see good things in the future for the Big East. Even if it survives as a conference, it may lose it’s BCS status.

The source told ESPNDallas.com that [b]TCU would have to pay the $5 million exit fee from the Big East [/b] but could join the Big 12 in time for the 2012-13 athletic year. A source with knowledge of the Big East's situation said the league is prepared to see TCU leave before it ever plays a game.

Wow, you never play a single game and still get stuck with a $5M exit fee.