• Trey Burke

• Rakeem Christmas

• Malcolm Gilbert

• Desmond Hubert

CLASS OF 2012

• Savon Goodman

• Amile Jefferson

That’s huge. Hope the football team helps us out with a [size=30pt]Big W[/size]

I know! Those are some amazing big men. And if we could pull some players out of Academy Of The New Church, that would be incredible.

For those that like ratings, that is Scout’s #1, #8, and #10 Centers in 2011 and the #2 SF in 2012.

Quick summary of what the article is about?

And according to Rivals, #1, #7 and #17 Centers for 2011 and a 5-star SF for 2012.

[quote=“think1, post:2, topic:181”]CLASS OF 2010

• Taran Buie

CLASS OF 2011

• Trey Burke

• Rakeem Christmas

• Malcolm Gilbert

• Desmond Hubert

CLASS OF 2012

• Savon Goodman

• Amile Jefferson[/quote]

This is the quick summary: these recruits are scheduled to be on hand this weekend. Any more than that and you should probably consider paying for $cout.

This is huge. No doubt that good football helps BB recruiting and good hoops helps FB recruiting.

I also think this is something other Big Ten coaches are concerned about - most of the Big Ten coaches center their recruiting efforts and compete against each other in and around Chicago, Detroit, Cleveland and to a lesser extent Columbus, Minny, etc. None of them really do well in Philly, Pittsburgh, NYC, Balt, or DC - all areas that we’ve done very well in for football for years. If Ed can tap into the reservoir of talent in these Eastern cities, this could really change the balance of power in Big Ten hoops into the future.

You have to hand it to Ed - he persevered through some really dark days. You’ve got to believe some bigs will be interested since the Andrews leave after next year.

What we really need is for the students to show up and support the team. Wouldn’t hurt if students welcomed the hoops recruits at the football game, too.

Hopefully just their visits create a ripple effect though PSU’s recruiting. If PSU is good enough for them to check out why shouldn’t other studs? While having Buie and Burke there will help I think the most important thing will be having a decent season. If PSU can show it has some fight in it, the recent fan support should show that their is a commitment to making PSU bball better.

Wow. That is incredible. Just getting kids of this caliber on campus is a giant leap forward.

Hopefully we can put on a heck of a show for these guys. These are program changers, there’s no doubt about. Keep your fingers crossed and lets show these guys the support and passion we got for our teams!!

Wow! :o

Go get 'em, Ed!

If all those kids make it, it is easily the biggest recruiting weekend in Penn State basketball history.

The coaches get them to campus, the kids close. How they get along with Taran and Trey will be important and how they see themselves fitting in with people like our upper classmen will be big. Hopefully these guys are good guys who can see themselves succeeding together at Penn State.

[quote="think1, post:5, topic:181"]For those that like ratings, that is Scout's #1, #8, and #10 Centers in 2011 and the #2 SF in 2012.[/quote]

Wow. That is incredible. Just getting kids of this caliber on campus is a giant leap forward.

This is Ed’s most impressive accomplishment to date as PSU coach…more impressive than actually landing Battle or Buie…more impressive than winning the NIT…given the way the top recruits are “pampered and handled” by so many people who tell them how great they are and that they only deserve the best, it’s super impressive the coaches would be able to convince 3 of the top big men in the class of 2011 to make a trip to PSU…granted the football game helps, but in the past I think big recruits would think PSU is “beneath them”

Maybe this says more about how sad PSU hoops has been over the past 8 or 9 years :frowning:

I’m flying in for the game this weekend and the tickets I will be using are only a few rows from where ED and staff sit with their recruits…I’ll try to sneak some pics of the recruits, if possible.

[quote=“Finding Forrester, post:15, topic:181”]This is Ed’s most impressive accomplishment to date as PSU coach…more impressive than actually landing Battle or Buie…more impressive than winning the NIT…given the way the top recruits are “pampered and handled” by so many people who tell them how great they are and that they only deserve the best, it’s super impressive the coaches would be able to convince 3 of the top big men in the class of 2011 to make a trip to PSU…granted the football game helps, but in the past I think big recruits would think PSU is “beneath them”

Maybe this says more about how sad PSU hoops has been over the past 8 or 9 years :([/quote]

Chicken or Egg. Personally, I feel Battle’s commitment has been the biggest accomplishment so far. Without him, we probably don’t win the NIT, land Buie, or get these guys on campus. Then again, if Clax and Cornley weren’t here, would Battle have committed? I would guess…probably.

It’s GM seating on Friday so I guess you’ll just have to get to the BJC early to claim those seats, unless you were talking about your seats in the Beav. :slight_smile:

Very impressive list. Landing one of these players would be an accomplishment. Let’s hope Ed, the players and the staff do a great job selling PSU this weekend.

There really is an interesting buzz going around this program. For one, ED can and is using a big football weekend to attract top talent, something the Big East schools and most top ACC hoop schools can’t come close to doing. Secondly, the Big Ten is arguably the best basketball conference this year. Amazing talent across the board that should make most games exciting to watch. Finally, with Battle and Buie, this program has one of the top 20 players in the game today and one of the top recruits “signed” on.

Sure, these recruits can hop on the assembly lines at Nova or 'Cuse or even UNC and have their ticket stamped for them and have Dicky V drooling down their shorts becoming just another name in the long line of names to play basketball at those schools OR they can choose to really make a difference and turn an up-and-coming program into a perennial Big Ten/NCAA power and have their names synonymous with building a winner where they will have newly minted fans coming out of the woodwork to cheer their every move.

Take the easy path or take the more challenging and much more rewarding path. Battle chose the latter and is much better off due to that decision.