Big 10 Wins the B10/ACC Challenge!

Finally!

(I should note, there are still 4 minutes in the OSU game, but they’re up 16.)

Bobby Knight kept telling Musberger that winning the challenge was not important to individual member schools and all each schools fans cared about was their own team.
If that was the case then having PSU as the only game played on night one and winning would have been the end to my rooting. Personaly, I really got anxcious in the final few minutes of the Wisc. Duke game and it was nice to see the conference get the advantage. On the other hand, it would have been an unapetizing and shallow BigTen victory had PSU not been part with the contribution.

Go check out some other Big Ten teams message boards, there a lot fans that cared about winning the challenge.

[glow=red,2,300]Sweeeet![/glow]

It’s all over and the Big Ten has finally pulled it off. Most important though, for the third straight year, PSU held up its end of the deal.

It was certainly a lot of fun watching the games the past 3 nights. Beats watching PSU football pre-Big Ten season games (Where’s the excitement in that I ask).

And to top things off, I got to personally enjoy two huge come-from-behind road victories. ;D

[quote=“Duff, post:2, topic:402”]Bobby Knight kept telling Musberger that winning the challenge was not important to individual member schools and all each schools fans cared about was their own team.
If that was the case then having PSU as the only game played on night one and winning would have been the end to my rooting. Personaly, I really got anxcious in the final few minutes of the Wisc. Duke game and it was nice to see the conference get the advantage. On the other hand, it would have been an unapetizing and shallow BigTen victory had PSU not been part with the contribution.[/quote]

That’s just Bobby Knight saying the Big Ten/ACC Challenge was never important to him. Remember, his IU teams would not play in the Challenge back in the early days.

I agree, however, that I wasn’t going to run around being excited about this had Penn State lost on Monday. But, since they kicked things off the right way, I’m pretty happy about the whole thing.

I’m sure a lot of different fans across BigTen country were rooting for their BigTen brethren, and hoping for an overall win in the challenge.

Not only do the BigTen teams’ wins help the RPI for all teams, but who isn’t sick of the BigTen getting disrespected as a weaker conference? And losing it for 10 years in a row is just plain embarrassing.

I don’t often watch sports on TV when PSU is not involved, but I was glued to the TV the past two nights. It was great watching Wisconsin pull it out last night to ensure a BigTen victory!

I really enjoyed watching it, mostly because it gave us a chance to see the league competition against at least decent competition in a compressed time frame.

Only problem with that is I thought everyone looked scary but Michigan (I did not watch and of Iowa, though). I even thought IU was so much better than last year (and still playing so, so hard) that that is now a real problem game.