PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

Big 10 Basketball 2019-20

And, I suspect, a better assist to turnover ratio!

Edit: Bolton is at 1.25 and Jones is at 1.83!

1 Like

Bart Torvik’s PORPAGATU! (Points Over Replacement Per Adjusted Game) measures offensive skills primarily:

Myreon 3.8
Rasir 2.7

Ra’s teammate Tyrese Haliburton is second in the country in that stat, at 6.6. Lofty number.

Myreon leads Penn State.

Myreon was a great get by Pat. He was an afterthought last year but he’s better than the two guys he came in with. Bolton has really been struggling lately at ISU.

3 Likes

The Big Ten now has 6 teams in the AP Top 25.

1. OSU
  2. Michigan
  3. Maryland
  4. Michigan State
  5. Penn State
  6. Iowa

The 20 PSU vs. 25 Iowa game in the Palestra will be an exciting game. Earlier in the season the DePaul game for Iowa gave me some doubt regarding their strength. At the moment on Jan. 4th our game is one of the best looking games of the day.

20 PSU vs. 25 Iowa (Palestra)
22 WVU at 6 Kansas
17 FSU at 3 Louisville

My Top 40… for Predictive Purposes, not resume based…

I have us 7th in Big Ten. I think Iowa is very underrated. We’re in for a fight. Indiana also not getting the credit they deserve.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: vs Iowa 2020, The Palestra, 2 p.m. Saturday Jan. 4 (BTN)

1 Like

That’s huge. Makes the Michigan game very competitive.

You imply it wasn’t already going to be competitive?

I do imply it since we haven’t won at Michigan in quite a long time. I’m done with blowout losses and the near misses. I’ll take every advantage we can get. Even in our good years PSU was barely competitive at Michigan.

Again I despise the transfer portal mid season.

1 Like

The twins may be involuntary members of the transfer portal club.

1 Like

You may be right. Turgeon’s statement: “This was a decision we felt was best for both sides and we wish them and their family the very best moving forward.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2019/12/27/maryland-basketball-loses-freshmen-twins-makhi-makhel-mitchell-transfer-portal/#comments-wrapper

1 Like

According to the MD board, they were about to be suspended anyway.

2 Likes

The portal also serves as a figurative get out of jail free card

2 Likes

Nice win by Wisconsin at Tennessee today 68-48.

3 Likes

WVU currently giving OSU a good game in Columbus on FS1.

1 Like

OSU and WVU locked up in a tight one

2 Likes

We need OSU in this one, all things considered, #22 would jump us

1 Like