Better w/o Battle

This team looks better w/o Battle on the floor. As good of a player as he is, he doesn’t make his teammates better. I can only wonder whether his brother is just like him, or worse?

Yeah he sucks!!!1

Thus thread should be deleted. Someone is going to be dumb enough to take the bait.

Ahh slippery slope here. The team seemed to move the ball better but over they are not a better team. Though it shows me that Ed needs to sit Battle for more rest. Other players will mature and become better players when they have to get it done. I love Battle but sometimes he was the crutch the team & coach leans on to much.

Typical. God forbid, anyone should ever question or state the opinion that this team might actually play better without him on the floor. ::slight_smile:

He is a great player, with amazing talents. If you believe he does make his play does make his teammates better then disagree with me, or ignore me, or offer examples that show otherwise.

What a JOKE. Agent Smith just lost ALL credibility, although his arrogance already killed 99% of it.

Thus thread should be deleted. Someone is going to be dumb enough to take the bait.
Typical. God forbid, anyone should ever question or state the opinion that this team might actually play better without him on the floor. ::)

He is a great player, with amazing talents. If you believe he does make his play does make his teammates better then disagree with me, or ignore me, or offer examples that show otherwise.

it’s more the source than the content.

Hey, who you calling dumb? Maybe Battle loses his starting spot. Maybe he and Taran are 6th and 7th man, unless Highberger beats them out.

Personnally I got this guy on Ignore (1 of 2 people on ignore). I can still get the jist of this post, and gotta tell ya that what they say is true -ignore can be your friend.

I’m not saying that the team is better when Talor isn’t on the floor. But they do look like they’re playing with a little more hustle. When they can’t rely on Talor to get the job done, they look to eachother to produce as a unit.

It is similar to when Jamelle was hurt, everybody said, wow…look at the team now. But nobody thinks Jamelle makes them bad, or Talor.

Don’t you have an bad call to complain about? ::slight_smile:

Talor and Taran are going to be the death of this program. Do we have any decent basketball players on the football team? We may need their help. If Levi Norwood can be as effective as Jordan on the hardwood, then we’re in luck.

I think he has a pretty good point. And if anything, it adds evidence to why we have to keep DeChellis. We’ll probably struggle again next season with Talor bringing us down, but the program should take off once he leaves, since we’re so much better without him. I think the time is now to give Ed another extension, before another savy AD sees this and tries to pry DeChellis from PSU. ::slight_smile:

[quote=“NGameday, post:11, topic:922”]I’m not saying that the team is better when Talor isn’t on the floor. But they do look like they’re playing with a little more hustle. When they can’t rely on Talor to get the job done, they look to eachother to produce as a unit.

It is similar to when Jamelle was hurt, everybody said, wow…look at the team now. But nobody thinks Jamelle makes them bad, or Talor.[/quote]

What’s interesting about this statement is that the team learned to play well without Melle last year, and then when he came back they played well with him. Maybe Ed needed to cut the rest of these guys off their leashes more often this year and they’d have developed less dependency on Talor? Not to mention it would’ve saved Battle’s legs a bit.

As craftsy alluded to, this team isn’t better without Battle, but will be better knowing they CAN play without him.

For stretches of time, yes, this team can be better without Battle because teams really don’t know who to focus their attention on. Focus on Frazier driving the lane, he finds Brooks along the baseline for a jam. Focus on DJ in the post, bam, he hits Babb open for a 3 on the wing.

Don’t know if a month ago, or even a few weeks ago, you could say the same thing, but this team has collectively grown up in the past couple of weeks when they started winning again and playing solid basketball as a team. They now believe in their own individual abilities more and also have more trust in their teammates.

So when Talor takes a seat on the bench, the combination of all five guys knowing that they need to step up their game, the new found ability to step up their game and the fact that the defense has really never seen PSU without Battle on the floor in crucial situations, lends to this feeling and this belief that they play better with him off the floor.

To me it’s a pseudo-belief to believe they are a better team overall. It’s like when the backup QB comes in and takes the team down the field for a TD on his first drive. The team might have been better off at that moment because the defense hasn’t had time to adjust and the other players on the field feel they have to collectively pick their game up and do just that. Well when the defense does adjust, then what happens. We really didn’t get a chance to see that today.

[img]http://imgur.com/sqIub.jpg[/img]
Don't you have an bad call to complain about? ::)
I saw about 5 or 6 "bad call" posts and I was only about halfway through the IGT. Need some cheese to go with that? ;)

[quote="Craftsy21, post:9, topic:922"][img]http://imgur.com/sqIub.jpg[/img][/quote] Don't you have an bad call to complain about? ::)
I saw about 5 or 6 "bad call" posts and I was only about halfway through the IGT. Need some cheese to go with that? ;)
Lucky for you, I posted the "[url=http://pennstatehoops.com/talk/index.php?topic=937.msg19179#msg19179]greatest hits[/url]" from yesterday's IGT.

My math may be a bit off these days, but I do believe it is just a tad larger than 5 or 6 “bad call” posts. In fact, I do believe there are at least 5 or 6 “bad call” from my good PSUHOOPS.com friend, Craftsy. ;D

I think it’s funny you not only call people out for complaining about calls, but you even take it so far that you spend your time tracking what they say, and then link other people to it.

Oh well, whatever works for you.