Joe Crispin or Talor Battle?

Neither…Megan Hodge. :wink:

[quote="psu2006, post:1, topic:576"]Joe Crispin or Talor Battle?[/quote]

LOL! Good answer! :smiley:

[quote="psu2006, post:1, topic:576"]Joe Crispin or Talor Battle?[/quote]

By far…the best!!!

Talor, but you could make an argument for Crispin and Claxton too.

Gotta say Talor, and what amazes me the most is that he shows no signs of hitting a ceiling - he just keeps getting better and better. If he stays for his 4th year, we may be calling him the best PSU player of all time.

I’d rate Crispin’s career the better so far but Talor should pass him by the time he’s done.

Talor right now, my opinion.

My Decade Superlatives
Best Guard: Joe Crispin
Best Forward: Geary Claxton
Best Win: 2001 over UNC in NCAA 2nd Rnd
Best Game: 2001 over #4 Mich State in BTT
Best Performance: The Crispins vs. Kentucky at Rupp
Biggest Disappointment: Jan Jagla/DeForest Riley
Biggest Surprise: Ed finding diamonds in the rough (Claxton, Cornley, even Battle)
Best Nickname: Aaron “Hojo” Johnson

I’d have to go with Crispin right now because of the overall career, and the great wins in 2001/getting to the Sweet 16, but I think Battle is going to eclipse all of that possibly

[quote=“vslice02, post:9, topic:576”]My Decade Superlatives
Best Guard: Joe Crispin
Best Forward: Geary Claxton
Best Win: 2001 over UNC in NCAA 2nd Rnd
Best Game: 2001 over #4 Mich State in BTT
Best Performance: The Crispins vs. Kentucky at Rupp
Biggest Disappointment: Jan Jagla/DeForest Riley
Biggest Surprise: Ed finding diamonds in the rough (Claxton, Cornley, even Battle)
Best Nickname: Aaron “Hojo” Johnson[/quote]

Agree with all of these except Biggest disappointment - i’d go with the 2006-2007 season.

Eclipse the Sweet 16? Like Elite 8? Ambitious. I think you might see 2 dunks per game first. :wink:

Give the edge to Crispin for the decade - But I have a feeling Talor’s start to the next decade could be special for us :slight_smile:

It hasn’t been the greatest basketball this decade for us, but we’ve sure had a plethora of kids who I really enjoyed watching. If I had to choose just 5 or so guys to make an all-decade team I think I’d struggle just due to really liking the personality of some of our guys the last 10 years. Talent-wise it’s probably not that difficult to do, but there haven’t been too many kids playing for us whom I didn’t seem to admire as human beings.

[quote="psu2006, post:10, topic:576"]I'd have to go with Crispin right now because of the overall career, and the great wins in 2001/getting to the Sweet 16, but I think Battle is going to eclipse all of that possibly[/quote]

Eclipse the Sweet 16? Like Elite 8? Ambitious. I think you might see 2 dunks per game first. :wink:

I mean eclipse that season, get to the NCAA next year with something even better than a 7 seed. Finish high in the Big Ten. Yes, hopefully advance even farther too

Geez, what a tough call between Crispin and Battle. I might throw Booth in there for good measure too. Booth changed the way every game was played against PSU in much the same fashion that opponents had to change their game plans for Crispin and currently Battle. Both Battle and Crispin have the ability to completely take over a game and win it when neccessary. I think at this early point, I vote Crispin because his outside shooting was better, that shot where he drove to the charity stripe-shouldered his defender-and faded away for a swish at will is a bit more effective than Battle’s signature move, and most importantly, when the game was close and PSU held the lead…Crispin NEVER EVER EVER missed foul shots to ice the game. Than man was 100% PURE clutch. But I think Battle will take this honor before his PSU career ends.

Booth didn’t play this decade.

And Battle’s decade is over.

So I think Crispin gets it because his jr/sr seasons were in this decade. Battle can set the bar for the next decade.

Talor needs to take this team to the dance and have some sucess. If he doesn’t do that, despite what his personal stats might be, I won’t be able to declare him superior to Crsipin. Ultimately, that is how players are judged.

Look at the Wilt Chamberlain and Bill Russell. Despite Chamberlain’s superior stats, many consider Russell the better player because he won more championships (I know Russell had the superior teams, but that’s the way it goes.).

[quote=“UncleLar, post:16, topic:576”]Booth didn’t play this decade.

So I think Crispin gets it because his jr/sr seasons were in this decade. Battle can set the bar for the next decade.[/quote]

So we’re going to go with the media definition of decade rather than with the mathematical one? :wink:

[quote="mhenry41, post:15, topic:576"]Geez, what a tough call between Crispin and Battle. I might throw Booth in there for good measure too. Booth changed the way every game was played against PSU in much the same fashion that opponents had to change their game plans for Crispin and currently Battle. Both Battle and Crispin have the ability to completely take over a game and win it when neccessary. I think at this early point, I vote Crispin because his outside shooting was better, that shot where he drove to the charity stripe-shouldered his defender-and faded away for a swish at will is a bit more effective than Battle's signature move, and most importantly, when the game was close and PSU held the lead...Crispin NEVER EVER EVER missed foul shots to ice the game. Than man was 100% PURE clutch. But I think Battle will take this honor before his PSU career ends.[/quote]

Booth didn’t play this decade.

So I think Crispin gets it because his jr/sr seasons were in this decade. Battle can set the bar for the next decade.

Geez Lar, Booth did graduate in 99!!! My how time flies :smiley:

Booth didn't play this decade.

So we’re going to go with the media definition of decade rather than with the mathematical one? :wink:

Ten years ago tonight, I tried to convince people that they were celebrating the new millennium a year early, but no one would listen. So I surrendered to popular opinion and since then have just gone with the flow regarding the decade, century, millennium thing.