PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

Beaver Falls (Sheldon Jeter) vs Imhotep (Brandon Austin) about to tip

Reminder that it’s being broadcast live on PCN and available for $$streaming$$

Can’t wait to see B. Austin in a PSU uniform. Wouldn’t mind seeing Jeter in one as well ;D

Im at work and can’t watch…how do the two look?

Pink Shoes for Austin?

Jeter shoots many questionable outside shots. When he gets fed the ball on the block, he looks unstoppable. Imhotep figured that out after a few times and started triple teaming him when he got the ball down low.

I definitely can’t wait to watch Brandon in a PSU uniform

Imhotep wins.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/news/s_788227.html?_s_icmp=NetworkHeadlines

Wonderful in your face defensive basketball game. Jeter and Austin both have All-BigTen potential.

Was Chambers there today? He understandably may not have been.

Chambers was there near the Imhotep bench for the whole game

I love it. It takes a real man to comfortably wear pink.

[quote="PSUdraw, post:4, topic:3204"]Pink Shoes for Austin?[/quote]

Said in the locker room that it was for Breast Cancer Awareness. As you might have guessed

Said in the locker room that it was for Breast Cancer Awareness. As you might have guessed

He seems like a very classy kid both on and off of the court.

If its true he did it for breast cancer awareness, he definitely want him in PSU Blue and White.

Both kids looked very good and it was a very entertaining game.

If its true he did it for breast cancer awareness, he definitely want him in PSU Blue and White.

Both kids looked very good and it was a very entertaining game.

FTK!

This game along with all seven other championships are now up on Comcast OnDemand. Presumably they are all in the same place for all Comcast cable subscribers at Get Local/News and Information/PCN/
PCN Championships. Unfortunately since the girls class A championship started late, the very end of that broadcast (interviews) takes up the beginning of the boys AA championship and neither the end of the overtime nor the medal ceremony is shown for them.

I was fortunate enough to get to see Austin, Jeter and Thorpe this spring. The thing that is common ampng all three is that while they have different abilities handling the ball. They all have the ability to put it on the floor. Even Jeter. This will allow them to rebound and start the break and also they can all take their defender off the dribble. They all have a quick first step. They also can all play defense. For high school kids, they could have helped us this past year. Can’t wait till they get here and get coached up by PC. (Positive thoughts for Jeter).

Also dosen’t hurt they are used to winning at the highest level they have played so far. Looking forward to next year. Can’t remember being this excited since the days of Lisicky and Earl.

PS I had great seats at the BJC among some Beaver Falls fans, front row, midcourt. They think Jeter is coming. They were confused about why he would choose PSU. I told them if they ever met Pat Chambers they would understand. Lets hope they are correct. If Jeter is the self motivated player the articles proclaim, PC will help him to be the best he can be.

I have always wondered what player (s) would take the challenge and be our Cliff Robinson and elevate the program like Robinson did UCONN. I believe we are seeing the players and the transformation. One poster said all we have now is hope. I would ask when was the last time we had that. PC is the real deal, I am sure of that.

Here’s Brandon’s post-game interview…

Imhotep’s Brandon Austin After PIAA AA State Championship

Nice to see/hear the quotes in context. Seems like a good kid.