Battle Named Finalist For 2010 Bob Cousy Award

Nittany Lion among 20 finalist for award given to nation’s top point-guard

http://www.gopsusports.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/010510aaa.html

Congrats to Talor. Well deserved.

Why is Manny Harris on that list? Is he playing the point now?

How about Delaney on V. Tech? He’s averaging 19.8ppg, though it does appear he’s hurt as he missed the SHU game, and played 1 minute vs. Longwood. He sure can play.

[quote=“kidcoyote, post:3, topic:599”]Why is Manny Harris on that list? Is he playing the point now?

How about Delaney on V. Tech? He’s averaging 19.8ppg, though it does appear he’s hurt as he missed the SHU game, and played 1 minute vs. Longwood. He sure can play.[/quote]

Yeah, Delaney is very good. He is a scoring point, but if Manny is on that list, then why isn’t he? Loved him the from the first time I saw him play AAU ball.

Michigan doesn’t really have PG so I guess they threw Manny in there. I would never consider him a PG by any stretch.

Why is Manny Harris on that list? Is he playing the point now?

How about Delaney on V. Tech? He’s averaging 19.8ppg, though it does appear he’s hurt as he missed the SHU game, and played 1 minute vs. Longwood. He sure can play.

Yeah, Delaney is very good. He is a scoring point, but if Manny is on that list, then why isn’t he? Loved him the from the first time I saw him play AAU ball.

Where did he play AAU ball? Don’t tell me he’s from PA. ???

I see the award gets narrowed down, first to 10 players on Feb 1(I think), then 5 on March 1. IMO, Battle will make final 5. Will be tough. Lots of talent, but if I picked now, Scheyer, Lucas, Collins and Reynolds along with him. Because he’s a frosh, I think Wall is out, but if he’s in, either Lucas or Reynolds is out. Scheyer, Collins and Battle will be there. Who do I think wins it? Who do you think? Duh. #12, PSU. I wouldn’t give odds though. ;D

He may be a frosh, but what do you think the chances are that he stays in college another year? I’d think that Wall is almost a shoe in for the final 5.

[quote="kidcoyote, post:3, topic:599"]Why is Manny Harris on that list? Is he playing the point now?

How about Delaney on V. Tech? He’s averaging 19.8ppg, though it does appear he’s hurt as he missed the SHU game, and played 1 minute vs. Longwood. He sure can play.[/quote]

Where did he play AAU ball? Don’t tell me he’s from PA. ???

I see the award gets narrowed down, first to 10 players on Feb 1(I think), then 5 on March 1. IMO, Battle will make final 5. Will be tough. Lots of talent, but if I picked now, Scheyer, Lucas, Collins and Reynolds along with him. Because he’s a frosh, I think Wall is out, but if he’s in, either Lucas or Reynolds is out. Scheyer, Collins and Battle will be there. Who do I think wins it? Who do you think? Duh. #12, PSU. I wouldn’t give odds though. ;D

He’s from Baltimore.

Because he's a frosh, I think Wall is out
He may be a frosh, but what do you think the chances are that he stays in college another year? I'd think that Wall is almost a shoe in for the final 5.

I don’t think there’s a chance he stays. I’d be surprised he goes to classes second semester. But I doubt that’s taken into consideration. Maybe they should check 1st semester’s GPA and # of credits before making the award. :wink:

Everytime I see this topic I read it as the Bill Cosby Award

No offense to Mr Cosby, but that doesn’t sound like an award you want your guys winning.lol

[quote=“CAPPY, post:1, topic:599”]Nittany Lion among 20 finalist for award given to nation’s top point-guard

http://www.gopsusports.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/010510aaa.html[/quote]

Good. It is nice to see some national recognition given for a player whom everyone around here knows to be one of the nation’s best.

No offense to the other players, but it will be a travesty if Wall doesn’t win the award. As of right now, he is the best player in college basketball and many have him pegged to win National POY.

Delaney went to Towson Catholic outside of Baltimore, and played AAU ball for Team Melo. He played both high school and AAU ball with Dante Green.

[quote=“NICU, post:12, topic:599”]No offense to the other players, but it will be a travesty if Wall doesn’t win the award. As of right now, he is the best player in college basketball and many have him pegged to win National POY.

Delaney went to Towson Catholic outside of Baltimore, and played AAU ball for Team Melo. He played both high school and AAU ball with Dante Green.[/quote]

Travesty? It’ll be a travesty if he plays this semester without going to class. But that’s par for the course with Calipari. IMO, KY will be Calipari’s undoing. I give it 3 years. He can’t help himself.

[quote="NICU, post:12, topic:599"]No offense to the other players, but it will be a travesty if Wall doesn't win the award. As of right now, he is the best player in college basketball and many have him pegged to win National POY.

Delaney went to Towson Catholic outside of Baltimore, and played AAU ball for Team Melo. He played both high school and AAU ball with Dante Green.[/quote]

Travesty? It’ll be a travesty if he plays this semester without going to class. But that’s par for the course with Calipari. IMO, KY will be Calipari’s undoing. I give it 3 years. He can’t help himself.

Agree, it will be a shame if he stops going to class as soon as the season is over (the APR (or ARP) does help keep players leaving early in class for the second semester). However, you are assuming that he will not go to class and using that as a reason why he should not win the award. It would be wrong to NOT give the best point guard in the country the award based on an assumption that won’t be determined until after the award is handed out.

Agreed. I just have a problem with Calipari and his whole deal.

On another matter, did Battle get cut mid-season from the Wooden Award list? Looks that way. Why?

http://www.bigtennetwork.com/sports/mbasketball/story.asp?list_id=22&story_id=3381282

[quote="NICU, post:14, topic:599"]Agree, it will be a shame if he stops going to class as soon as the season is over (the APR (or ARP) does help keep players leaving early in class for the second semester). However, you are assuming that he will not go to class and using that as a reason why he should not win the award. It would be wrong to NOT give the best point guard in the country the award based on an assumption that won't be determined until after the award is handed out.[/quote]

Agreed. I just have a problem with Calipari and his whole deal.

On another matter, did Battle get cut mid-season from the Wooden Award list? Looks that way. Why?

http://www.bigtennetwork.com/sports/mbasketball/story.asp?list_id=22&story_id=3381282

I’ll never argue against that :wink:

Yes, Battle dropped off the list, though could be back. You do have to be maintaing a 2.0 GPA, as I’m sure all of these guys are. :wink:

http://www.woodenaward.com/