PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

Battle from the Lion's Nose!/Ear/ah what the hell from WAY DOWNTOWN!

That about summed up Talor Battle for me. I get pissed at the guy sometimes but he just has always been an unreal pleasure to watch play basketball.

If we don’t reach the promised land with Battle(Madness) it will be a damn shame. There have been great PSU players before him that haven’t had that joy but that dude just has something that makes me feel like it would be a crime for him not to see the biggest stage in college basketball.

God am I going to miss him. Enjoy him the rest of the season because he is few and far between.

Kinda like Donnie Baseball never winning a World Series with the Yankees and then they rattled off a couple starting with the year after he retired.

[quote=“BeerNitLion, post:1, topic:1762”]That about summed up Talor Battle for me. I get pissed at the guy sometimes but he just has always been an unreal pleasure to watch play basketball.

If we don’t reach the promised land with Battle(Madness) it will be a damn shame. There have been great PSU players before him that haven’t had that joy but that dude just has something that makes me feel like it would be a crime for him not to see the biggest stage in college basketball.

God am I going to miss him. Enjoy him the rest of the season because he is few and far between.[/quote]

I could not agree with you more!!! If Battle played for Duke he would be considered a player of the year candidate. He’s the best player I’ve ever seen wear the blue and white

And the AP quoted that Battle’s shot was 35 feet away!!! ;D

It looked much further than that

HAHA, I just watched the video. It was actually the Lion’s ear. And I love the whole “chicks dig the longball” comments right before that. Chicks really must be diggin Talor about now.

Hell I’m diggin Talor right now hahahaha

Nose? More like that back of the Lion’s head. The nose is in the backcourt for the second half.

47 feet from the end line to center court. The jump circle is an eight-foot radius, I think. 35 feet is in the ball park.

If it’s an 8’ radius, and he was inside, it’d be 47-<8’, so like 39’, at the least?

My wife was even laughing about that one. I really thought it would be a shoe-in for ESPN’s Top 10 on the night (and probably should have been). But they just showed the game-winner as the #4 play. Jimmer got #1 with his 40 foot runner at the buzzer.

[quote="tjb, post:9, topic:1762"]47 feet from the end line to center court. The jump circle is an eight-foot radius, I think. 35 feet is in the ball park.[/quote]

If it’s an 8’ radius, and he was inside, it’d be 47-<8’, so like 39’, at the least?

The basket isn’t right on the end line. It’s in a couple feet. But then again, Battle was a couple feet inside the circle. So maybe 37-38 feet?

EDIT: Not sure the accuracy of the info I just looked up (can’t believe everything on the internet?), but…looks like the jump circle is a 6 foot radius. Means Battle was about 43 feet from the end line. The center of the hoop looks to be 63 inches in from the end line. That’s 5.25 feet. If these dimensions are accurate, the shot was about 37.75 feet from the center of the hoop.

[quote="BeerNitLion, post:6, topic:1762"]HAHA, I just watched the video. It was actually the Lion's ear. And I love the whole "chicks dig the longball" comments right before that. Chicks really must be diggin Talor about now.[/quote]

My wife was even laughing about that one. I really thought it would be a shoe-in for ESPN’s Top 10 on the night (and probably should have been). But they just showed the game-winner as the #4 play. Jimmer got #1 with his 40 foot runner at the buzzer.

I said this on another thread but it’s a shame that Fredette had such a good game because he took away from Battle’s incredible night as well

It wasn’t quite the performance at the Breslin Center 2 years ago, but the same feel. I was up off the couch 3 times in the 2nd half from the sheer giddiness of watching him rip off ridiculous 3’s that I knew he was going to take but my common sense said he shouldn’t. He is most certainly the most underappreciated player in college basketball and I’m going to take in as much of the remainder of his time at PSU as I can.

[quote="tjb, post:9, topic:1762"]47 feet from the end line to center court. The jump circle is an eight-foot radius, I think. 35 feet is in the ball park.[/quote]

He wasn’t inside the jump circle. He was about four or five feet outside it. He was inside the Lion logo, but it is much bigger than the jump circle and overlays it.

:smiley:

He wasn’t inside the jump circle. He was about four or five feet outside it. He was inside the Lion logo, but it is much bigger than the jump circle and overlays it.

You are right. I see that now. Given the other figures from my post above, 35 feet is close.

Easily a four- or five-pointer from that distance… :wink: