PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

Basketball Season is Here!

First day of practice is here…WooHoo!!!

Noitced a couple tweets by PSUStretch:

Great sign. Lions start practice running offense. Tim Frazier hits nothin but net from 3 on 1st shot of practice.

Also a good pic of the guys…who can name them all from L to R…

I think Graham and Alexis are the first two…after that I need some help.

Graham, Alexis, Montminy, Newbill, Travis, Colella, Glover, Frazier, Lewis, Borovnjak, and Oliver.

Presumably Marshall, Woodyard, and Ackerman weren’t included in the shot.

Some more pics on twitter. GoPSUSports will have interviews/video tonight:

Looks like they are “running lines!!” Also, it seems that Sasa is wearing a brace.

Penn State Men’s Basketball - First Day of Practice: Oct. 14, 2011

Good video.

The 4’20" mark is interesting. Coach Chambers starts out by saying “adversity has struck us,” but that they’re not going to feel sorry for themselves.

Anyone know what adversity he’s referring to?

They’ve all been recruited to play in the Big 10.

Ruh-roh.

Well Cam wasn’t practing in the video but he isn’t on crutches or anything. I was jsut trying to identify all the palyers on the roster one the baseline video part. No Marshall in the baseline shot from PSUstretch but could be reason not there.

Jermaine was noticeably absent.

Forgot just how excited I was this offseason to see a few of these guys…specifically Graham and Lewis.

Thank god basketball is finally here! :smiley:

Can’t wait. I’m already trying to get my plans in order for the Hartford game.

Two things stuck out from the video:

1. Coach is really leaning on Tim, Cam and Billy for leadership

2. Coach made a point of mentioning DJ, Ross and Trey when talking about the 2 guard setting the screen for Frazier. Interesting he’d mention Ross in that group. Is it possible that I’m reading too much into a 6 minute video regarding the first day of practice…not a chance!

Also, help me with the shoving drill at the end???

I thought the other guys were learning how to flop.

[quote="Finding Forrester, post:10, topic:2732"]Also, help me with the shoving drill at the end????[/quote] I thought the other guys were learning how to flop.

If so they made Sasa look like the Hulk the way they were flying on his turn.

Yeah it’s definitely practicing “flopping”, or more specifically falling. It’s important you land on your butt when you take a bump, your first instinct is to turn or put your hands down which is how you get injured. We used to do something similar when I was playing as a youngster.

Great video though, love the responsiveness of the guys in it.

[quote="Finding Forrester, post:10, topic:2732"]Also, help me with the shoving drill at the end????[/quote] I thought the other guys were learning how to flop.

I will say it looked like Sasa used his year off to hit the weight room. Definitely looks bigger. No Woodyard or Marshall is strange.

I will say it looked like Sasa used his year off to hit the weight room. Definitely looks bigger. No Woodyard or Marshall is strange.

Agree (see bold.) Need a media update!! :-\

Cam is hurt at the moment (not serious) and Jermaine wasn’t at practice

Is Marshall a personal, academic, or coaching issues?

Cam is hurt at the moment (not serious) and Jermaine wasn't at practice

Is Marshall a personal, academic, or coaching issues?

I really hope Jermaine is still on the team.

Still on the roster: http://www.gopsusports.com/sports/m-baskbl/mtt/psu-m-baskbl-mtt.html

That’s just what I heard. People talk. I don’t know details. I don’t think it’s serious