PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

B1G Tournament Seeding

I took a quick look and it appears that if we beat Michigan we are the 11 seed and play around 8pm. If both PSU and Nebraska lose (@Min) then the tie will be broken by whoever wins the Purdue @ Indy game on Sunday. A Purdue win gets us #11 and an Indy win puts us at #12 and the 2:30pm game. I think that I have this right, but feel free to verify and correct me.

A. Two-team tie:

1. Results of head-to-head competition during the regular-season.
    SPLIT

2. Each team’s record vs. the team occupying the highest position in the final regular-season standings (or in the case of a tie for the championship, the next highest position in the regular-season standings), continuing down through the standings until one team gains an advantage.
    PURDUE AND INDY ARE CURRENTLY TIED AT 10-7, SO SUNDAY’S GAME WILL BREAK THE TIE.

a. When arriving at another pair of tied teams while comparing records, use each team’s record against the collective tied teams as a group (prior to their own tie-breaking procedures), rather than the performance against the individual tied teams.

b. When comparing records against a single team or a group of teams, the higher winning percentage shall prevail, even if the number of games played against the team or group are unequal (i.e., 2-0 is better than 3-1, but 2-0 is not better than 1-0).

1. Won-loss percentage of all Division I opponents.

2. Coin toss conducted by the Commissioner or designee.

If we lose on Saturday (and Nebraska also loses), we’ll play Indiana. If we win, then we’ll likely play the loser of the Purdue-Indiana game (assuming that Nebraska also loses this weekend).