B10 Press Conference today at 4?

Seems odd to have a Sunday press conference if there is no news…

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/_/id/12962/big-ten-brass-meets-as-big-12-buzz-swirls

I hate to say I think that the Pac10/Big 12 have put the Delany and the Big 10 in a spot where they had to maybe go for their second best option, but I think they may have. We will see (I’m hoping I’m wrong)

Could be nothing but more smoke but there is a slim chance that formal offers could come after the Big 12 Ultimatum. I am wondering if Delany wants to see if all the teams will bit on the Pac 10 offers. I keep thinking that the Holy Texas Trinity will get broken up, making Texas to Big Ten possible. Politics are keeping the 3 together but there is enough info that A&M prefers to go SEC and Texas wants to go to a place with high academic alliances but Texas Tech is the one no one really wants in the conference shake up.

I’m guessing there will be a lot of “I can’t speak to that at this time” answers.

This is probably just a move to shift the attention back to the Big Ten away from the Pac 10

[quote=“Tom, post:3, topic:1211”]I’m guessing there will be a lot of “I can’t speak to that at this time” answers.

This is probably just a move to shift the attention back to the Big Ten away from the Pac 10[/quote]

I agree. I just think there is so much going on behind the scenes. I have feeling when any announcement made, everything will be a total done deal with all the i’s dotted and t’s crossed from legal perspectives.

Looks like the “timetable has been moved up.”