B-10 Wins over under @ 5 wins

Have it it, what do you think? I’m seeing if we can establish a “line” here. BUT let’s say someone gave you $100 but you had to get in. Where would you go?

I would say over 5 but expecting the result to be very close to 5.

I find it amusing that someone has now posted a poll asking whether the team would achieve at least 5 wins less than a week after all the talk of RPI, Big Ten top half finishes and NCAA Tournament appearances. This on the heels of an allotment of critical posts towards the coaches and some players.

What a bi-polar bunch of people on here. ::slight_smile:

I see you’re back AS! ::slight_smile:

It is prob too early to really have any idea what to expect, but under 5 games seems unlikely. The Big Ten is strong, but we’re used to it, and Penn State teams that have had much bigger issues than the ones we have now have found ways to fight top ranked teams and give them a run for their money. You assume for the sake of assuming you sweep NW, you pull out atleast a win against Indiana and Iowa that means you only need two more wins to get over 5. Between Minny, Wisky, MSU, and OSU I see us give those teams a fight atleast twice. We’ve split the series 2-2 with MSU these past two years so I see no reason we cant atleast give them a fight one of the times. Wisky is a team you can beat, they’re just solid. Minny I haven’t seen yet but I’m assuming nothing about them has changed so it’ll be a tough haul.

It’s no doubt that the Big Ten is nasty this year, but we’ve held our own before with much less…talented teams…I see no reason why we can win, or sqweak out a few more than 5 wins.

I’d go over, but not much over. Maybe 6 or 7 given the way the team is playing right now.

Over!

Give them 2 wins against Iowa and Indiana, this team still has enough talent and should play well enough at home against the likes of Minnesota, Wisconsin and Illinois to exceed 5 wins.

This is a young team. By the time the Big Ten rolls around they will be much more experienced than they are now. Babb can’t shoot any worse than he has, and if he doesn’t improve we have other guards who can give us minutes. We can get 7 Big Ten wins. Defense and foul trouble worries me the most.

My vote is OVER but Im not certain how far over 5 I’d be willing to wager green backs. I think an absolute high water mark (right now) would be 8 wins. I think the low water mark (right now) would be 5. Based on the collective change of heart that the Charleston classic has bestowed upon the board and talk 2 weeks ago…that most expectations have been severely curbed.

OK, I just changed the Over/under to 6 based on the following results in about 3 hours of voting:

Over 5 - 18 votes
Under 5 - 0 votes

Please, if you voted before, do it again so we can see how much the “actoin” has changed.

Thanks!!!

I’d set the line at 6, after the debacle in South Carolina. Prior to that, I had this pegged as an 8-10 team, now I’d be overjoyed to reach that mark.

Still, I’ll take 7 wins. This team can beat anyone, and lose to anyone:

wins:
Iowa, Indiana, Northwestern twice, Illinois once, Wisconsin once, and Minnesota once

[quote=“Devon, post:12, topic:342”]I’d set the line at 6, after the debacle in South Carolina. Prior to that, I had this pegged as an 8-10 team, now I’d be overjoyed to reach that mark.

Still, I’ll take 7 wins. This team can beat anyone, and lose to anyone:

wins:
Iowa, Indiana, Northwestern twice, Illinois once, Wisconsin once, and Minnesota once[/quote]

Very true, I’m hoping that our room for growth can help us get over the hump at 7 wins. I really think going .500 in the Big Ten would be pretty huge.

I’ll say over. I think Ed makes some necessary changes in the lineup/minutes, and it’s enough for better team. And Edwards becomes a star. Only one game, but 8 pts. and 6 rb’s in 18 minutes pretty good. He ends up playing 25-30 minutes come Big 10.

If you made me guess how many wins I’d probably say 6. But with more upside than downside. So I’ll go with the over.

I definitrly go over 6 and would think by Big 10 season the boys will have the feeling out period over. I would expect an 10-8 record.

This was a good thread last year – no one (I don’t think) came even close to predicting the number of wins. At this point last year, the natives had gotten very restless.

All I remember from that thread is that Rokk was WAY off.

As of 8am Wed, we were at 15-5 over-under, so I’m thinking that the line would settle at about 7.

Yes, it will be interesting to see how it comes to pass… 7 wins in last year’s standings would put us 9th in the conference.

I picked over 6, but the way the team has shot lately that may be a stretch. I do think they’ll improve and get to my initial guess on Big ten wins which was 7 or 8.