PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

Anyone watching the Iowa/Wisky game?

Wisky is 3-20 from the floor 11 minutes into the game…

…and they’re down 1 point

Iowa up 23-18 at halftime.

Wisky shooting 18%, and they aren’t close on any shot.

Wisconsin is too good of a team not to be able to win this game. I would think despite the halftime score they could pull out a reasonably comfortable win in the 7 or 8 point range

Iowa has to be very concerned that Wisky shot 18%, Iowa 42%…and they’re only up 5

Iowa completely outplaying the Badgers right now. Up 49-43 with under 8 minutes to play. These look like 2 completely different teams than their usual selves. McCaffery is a good coach and they are a tough out at home, so not a huge shocker I guess.

Wisky wins 62-59 in OT

Wisconsin pulls it out in overtime 62-59. Iowa played a heck of game, Wisconsin just excuted down the stretch better as usual. Taylor and Leuer are tough ballplayers, two key guys that you can go to in the clutch. A true luxury for Bo Ryan. The OSU at Wisconsin game saturday should be a real dandy.

Holy crap. Can’t believe the game was so close.

I am really getting the feeling Iowa is going to get better faster then Indiana. Not that Indiana isn’t getting better but just the type coaches they are is Iowa will get more out of “lesser” players.

Fran’s a great coach. Saw him speak at a dinner in Albany his first year at Siena, at '06 HS sports graduation awards dinner. Good speaker, patient, confident. Siena had collapsed after Paul Hewitt left for Ga Tech, really terrible, couldn’t beat anybody. He came in and 3 years later they beat OSU in NCAA’s. He’s a good recruiter. Had some good guards, fast, athletic, and Rossiter up front was solid.

[quote="PSUdraw, post:9, topic:1918"]I am really getting the feeling Iowa is going to get better faster then Indiana. Not that Indiana isn't getting better but just the type coaches they are is Iowa will get more out of "lesser" players.[/quote]

Fran’s a great coach. Saw him speak at a dinner in Albany his first year at Siena, at '06 HS sports graduation awards dinner. Good speaker, patient, confident. Siena had collapsed after Paul Hewitt left for Ga Tech, really terrible, couldn’t beat anybody. He came in and 3 years later they beat OSU in NCAA’s. He’s a good recruiter. Had some good guards, fast, athletic, and Rossiter up front was solid.

Definitely agree with both of you guys here. I think McCaffery is a heck of a coach and Iowa is gonna be a solid program for years to come. In his first year, they are competitive and have a good, young base of talent to build on. We were lucky this year to get them at home.