Anyone happen to see

the line for tonight’s game? I’ve looked all over the place. ???

Plenty of times there won’t be a line, especially if it’s between two teams that nobody knows much about early in the year. Doesn’t mean we’re expected to blow them out, means the books aren’t sure either way and not enough people would bet it for them to worry.

doesn’t look like anybody is offering one.

generally will lead one to believe that the game should be a blowout, although I think RoMo could be tougher for us than Penn was.

I agree that this game could be very close. I just watched the Penn game. Wow, are we a one man tea. RMU has 2 small stocky guards who are pretty quick. If they slow down Talor…
Rob Robinson 6-8 is very tough;very active inside player.

I don’t know if ED has worked on the zone defense to this point in practice, but maybe we will see it tonight? RMU shot 35% (26% from 3) against Syracuse and turned it over 28 times. Yikes.

[quote="mhenry41, post:1, topic:254"]the line for tonight's game? I've looked all over the place. ???[/quote]

Plenty of times there won’t be a line, especially if it’s between two teams that nobody knows much about early in the year. Doesn’t mean we’re expected to blow them out, means the books aren’t sure either way and not enough people would bet it for them to worry.

But there is one for Milwaukee vs Western Kentucky. Go figure!

Whether there is a line or not is all based upon the conferences of the teams playing (certain conferences aren’t lined), if the game is on national television (even when a “non-lined” conference is playing on national TV, they will put up a line for it), or if the game is part of a tournament that is being lined. THe Northeast Conference is not a conference that is lined, and tonight’s game isn’t on TV or part of a tournament. In that UW-Milwaukee/WKU game, both the Sun Belt and Horizon are lined conferences.

[quote="noobd, post:6, topic:254"]But there is one for Milwaukee vs Western Kentucky. Go figure![/quote]

Whether there is a line or not is all based upon the conferences of the teams playing (certain conferences aren’t lined), if the game is on national television (even when a “non-lined” conference is playing on national TV, they will put up a line for it), or if the game is part of a tournament that is being lined. THe Northeast Conference is not a conference that is lined, and tonight’s game isn’t on TV or part of a tournament. In that UW-Milwaukee/WKU game, both the Sun Belt and Horizon are lined conferences.

Thanks, basically what I came in to say.

You just have to look at it from a book’s point of view - are they going to draw in a lot of money on the game, is there a chance a sharp out there can really clean up with an inside edge on the game they don’t know about, how confident are they really about the line and is the perceived risk of putting a bad line out going to be worth it?

Most times it’s just not worth it - there’s enough action on the books elsewhere, they don’t need to throw a number out for a game that probably wouldn’t attract much money to begin with.