PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

Anybody here go to this event on 6/20?

Should be interesting…

http://www.centredaily.com/2011/06/20/2786468/tickets-remain-for-todays-espn.html

If I would have known about it sooner, I may have taken a day off work and went up to see it.

Seriously, Cappy, thanks for posting that so late!!!

:wink:

No, but I am going to the Red Sox game. Anyone going to that?

Yes, this Friday :slight_smile:

[quote="Skeeza, post:2, topic:2504"]If I would have known about it sooner, I may have taken a day off work and went up to see it.[/quote]

I guess I just assumed that everybody already knew about it. :frowning:

Oh well, Coaching Greats JoePa and Coach K Share Lessons.

http://onwardstate.com/2011/06/20/coaching-greats-joepa-and-coach-k-share-lessons/

[quote="Skeeza, post:2, topic:2504"]If I would have known about it sooner, I may have taken a day off work and went up to see it.[/quote]

It’s been posted at GoPSUsports for about two weeks. Go there first every day for news, then come here.

Photos from the event.

http://www.gopsusports.com/view.gal?id=94912

It’s been posted at GoPSUsports for about two weeks. Go there first every day for news, then come here.

OK, I guess I’ll have to demote Cappy to my secondary source for PSU news :smiley:

On a serious note, the photos make it look like it was pretty fun. I’ll have to tune in to the ESPN shows. And glad Coach Chambers got to schmooze with coach K for at least a little bit…probably long enough to set up a home and home. :wink:

I think it was invitation only, but I don’t know why I think that…

Well it was limited seats available, guess it was kinda invitation only but I am sure if you asked around enough you could got a ticket.

It started out to be but my guess is that they overestimated the demand for the tickets. A few hundred (I think 400) became available over the weekend and they were still giving them away this morning.

From the original announcement.

“Seating inside the auditorium has not been finalized. When those details are confirmed, ticket information for the invitation-only event will be announced.”

That was later followed up by this announcement:

[i]"Ticket information for the June 20 taping of an ESPN special featuring Penn State football coach Joe Paterno and Duke men’s basketball coach Mike Krzyzewski has been released to the initial group of recipients for the invitation-only event.

Their RSVPs are due by Tuesday, June 14, and any remaining tickets for Penn State students and the general public will be available beginning Friday, June 17."[/i]

Students got first crack at them, then when they didn’t scoop them all up, they were made available to the general public this morning.

[i]"Penn State students with a valid student ID may pick up a maximum of two tickets, while supplies last, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday, June 17, at Eisenhower Auditorium.

If any tickets remain, they will be available for Penn State faculty/staff, students and the general public from 8 a.m. to noon Monday, June 20, at Eisenhower Auditorium."[/i]

I took the day off yesterday and made the up-and-back trip. How I continue to end up at these things, I don’t know…

I’m not going to recap it in the interest of not spoiling it for everyone who wishes to view the program (plus there are plenty of other recaps available). All I have to say is that sitting 5 feet away from these two brilliant men giving their thoughts on leadership and life was truly a blessing. I’ve met Joe Paterno before on several occasions, but meeting and hearing Coach K speak live was a lifelong dream of mine (I followed him long before I knew who Joe or Penn State were); the man commanded respect with his focused, poignant answers and anecdotes.

I got a kick watching Chambers in the audience soak in everything Coach K had to say like he was a sponge. I can’t imagine what a thrill that must’ve been for a young coach.

[quote=“NationBuilder, post:13, topic:2504”]I took the day off yesterday and made the up-and-back trip. How I continue to end up at these things, I don’t know…

I’m not going to recap it in the interest of not spoiling it for everyone who wishes to view the program (plus there are plenty of other recaps available). All I have to say is that sitting 5 feet away from these two brilliant men giving their thoughts on leadership and life was truly a blessing. I’ve met Joe Paterno before on several occasions, but meeting and hearing Coach K speak live was a lifelong dream of mine (I followed him long before I knew who Joe or Penn State were); the man commanded respect with his focused, poignant answers and anecdotes.

I got a kick watching Chambers in the audience soak in everything Coach K had to say like he was a sponge. I can’t imagine what a thrill that must’ve been for a young coach.[/quote]

Lar has been bumped as our “inside guy”. ;D :wink:

[quote=“NationBuilder, post:13, topic:2504”]I took the day off yesterday and made the up-and-back trip. How I continue to end up at these things, I don’t know…

I got a kick watching Chambers in the audience soak in everything Coach K had to say like he was a sponge. I can’t imagine what a thrill that must’ve been for a young coach.[/quote]

Are you in shock at all the empty seats? I couldn’t believe it. Esp up top and all the rows “killed” down low. I had a great time!

[quote="NationBuilder, post:13, topic:2504"]I took the day off yesterday and made the up-and-back trip. How I continue to end up at these things, I don't know...

Are you in shock at all the empty seats? I couldn’t believe it. Esp up top and all the rows “killed” down low. I had a great time!

Summer time, there are no students. Also, if they advertised on GoPSUsports.com, then not many people are looking at that site right now, there really are no college sports going on.

I would have went, but only heard about it at the last second.

[quote="NationBuilder, post:13, topic:2504"]I took the day off yesterday and made the up-and-back trip. How I continue to end up at these things, I don't know...

Summer time, there are no students. Also, if they advertised on GoPSUsports.com, then not many people are looking at that site right now, there really are no college sports going on.

I would have went, but only heard about it at the last second.

I would’ve gone as well (I wasn’t working or anything). I heard that it was going on sometime, but that’s about the extent of what I had heard (I had only heard of it from the Facebook news feed of other people, no official release). I didn’t know that it was yesterday, or that I would even be able to get in if I did make the trip.

You can chalk the empty seats up to bad marketing on the part of PSU.

[quote=“State4Life, post:18, topic:2504”]I would’ve gone as well (I wasn’t working or anything). I heard that it was going on sometime, but that’s about the extent of what I had heard (I had only heard of it from the Facebook news feed of other people, no official release). I didn’t know that it was yesterday, or that I would even be able to get in if I did make the trip.

You can chalk the empty seats up to bad marketing on the part of PSU.[/quote]

Hmmmm… Where have we heard that before !!! :wink:

[quote="jyd, post:4, topic:2504"]No, but I am going to the Red Sox game. Anyone going to that?[/quote]

Yes, this Friday :slight_smile:

Yeah, as a matter of fact, I will be there: section 119, row KK. Seats 5 thru 8. Leaving Atlanta on Thursday. In 2005 I saw the Sox play the Pirates at Fenway, for the first time since something like the 1903 world series. I’ll have my Red Sox shirt and hat on.