PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

Any word on TV for the Ole Miss game?

Obviously no BTN, but any chance this being on Full Court or whatever the college package is?

I’m hoping for ESPN3.com.

That’d work too

I don’t understand why this game wouldn’t be on TV. It’s two teams both from BCS conferences, it should be televised some how.

Looking like there may not be a camera anywhere in the joint that isn’t just for film room sessions of the teams. Hard to believe, but it is Mississippi we’re talking about - they just got the internet hooked up last week.

The game is @Ole Miss so the SEC has the rights to the game, if I’m understanding how that stuff works. Doesn’t the SEC have the “SEC Network” where ESPN basically does a bunch of their games? If so, I have a hard time believe that ESPN Fullcourt or ESPN3.com (at worse) wont have the game.

Its tough to find the ESPN fullcourt schedule. I’ve seen it before, but I can’t seem to find it again.

Here’s a PDF of the fullcourt schedule noobd, it’s not listed on there.

http://tsq.com/alerts/2010-11%20ESPN%20FULL%20COURT%20MASTER%20SCHEDULE.pdf

The fact that it’s not announced already should be a good sign it’s not being picked up anywhere. Find another game that doesn’t have TV set already… it doesn’t exist. It’s not going to be on.

Thanks for the link.

A last resort is usually the home team’s broadcast option such as OwlVision, RebelCast (made that up), etc. Usually its a monthly fee of <$5 and you can watch a medium to low quality feed of the game.

In fact, I checked Ole Miss’ site before I was going to post this… they do have a broadcast option: Rebel Vision. They have the PSU game listed, but I’m not sure what the details are yet. http://www.olemisssports.com/allaccess/

Good find with that noobd, however when you goto the live events schedule it looks like it’s just a radio broadcast for the PSU game, while others have a video camera next to them later on the schedule. Still not sure we’re going to see this one based on that.

Very weak on their part, maybe it changes closer to game time, however unlikely.

Any updates on this? This site is pretty reliable for all things TV Sports and has nothing listed for Friday’s game :(. http://the506.com/sports/?cat=23

Guess I’ll try to find a stream of Steve and Dick.

[quote=“Whiteout, post:12, topic:1528”]Any updates on this? This site is pretty reliable for all things TV Sports and has nothing listed for Friday’s game :(. http://the506.com/sports/?cat=23

Guess I’ll try to find a stream of Steve and Dick. [/quote]

You can only say “no TV” so many ways. If it were to suddenly be on, you can be pretty sure this would be the first place that you would find out about it.

Well it looks like Rebel Vision isn’t offering anything.

Yahoo Box Score here I come! ::slight_smile:

Basketball interest in SEC country while football season’s still in progress? See the “crowds” at the last two PSU games? These may be two major-conference programs but it’s like a Duke-Indiana football game. NOBODY cares. Advertisers want at least a few eyeballs.

And I would be watching if the game was on. Just to show what freaks we are, Brennan insisted on having the friendly bartender at the immense Gaylord National hotel sports bar click on the BTN for the Fairfield game and I was there, saying, “Yeah. Yeah. Yeah.” We sat there and watched every possession (of the first 30 minutes or so) while everyone around looked at us like we were space aliens.

Raise your hand if this has ever happened to you…you run into someone and they ask you “So how do you think Penn State is going to do this year?” To which you ramble on about how it is Talor’s last year, we got his kid brother coming in, but we really need someone to step up inside, etc. After a few minutes, you notice their look of utter confusion and you realize that they wanted your opinion on the football team.

In my younger years I used to travel for work quite a bit. I liked to wear a PSU tie basically as a “talking point.” Most everyone bit. “Joe Paterno” they would said. “Great Football” they said. I would then explain that I liked PSU basketball best. Everybody’s jaw would then drop. Most were lost for words. One guy said it best. “I’m sorry,” he said.

Can’t say I root for the cagers first, but I remember being pumped up during my stint at Dear Ole State with guys like Freddie Barnes, DeRon Hayes, Monie Brown, James Barnes, Christian Appleman (heh!)…pretty good Parkhill teams that embarassed UCLA during the dance. Fun team to watch, too.

[quote="djones, post:15, topic:1528"]And I would be watching if the game was on. Just to show what freaks we are, Brennan insisted on having the friendly bartender at the immense Gaylord National hotel sports bar click on the BTN for the Fairfield game and I was there, saying, "Yeah. Yeah. Yeah." We sat there and watched every possession (of the first 30 minutes or so) [b]while everyone around looked at us like we were space aliens.[/b][/quote]

Raise your hand if this has ever happened to you…you run into someone and they ask you “So how do you think Penn State is going to do this year?” To which you ramble on about how it is Talor’s last year, we got his kid brother coming in, but we really need someone to step up inside, etc. After a few minutes, you notice their look of utter confusion and you realize that they wanted your opinion on the football team.

(Hand raised)

Yea, all the time… but I do it on purpose.

Then to really get a rise say “Oh yeah, I’ve got basketball season tickets too”.

And you know what all of that is fine. Why be a fan if your not going to be a passionate supporter. I’ll admit that my interest in PSU bball started out because I’m a diehard Penn State athletics fan in general. Over time it grew into more than that to the point were I feel the high and lows of the season much more than football. It’s fulfilling to be able to say that your a fan of this team not because it’s the “in” thing to do but rather that you simply enjoy following the player’s/program’s progress (good or bad).