PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

Any news on the Anthony Hubbard Visit?

http://pennstate.247sports.com/Article/Hubbard-set-to-visit-PSU-19590

He’s probably still on campus or just finished with the visit. News will be slow to trickle out, I’m sure

Not sure what kind on news you were expecting. The article states that he will not be making a decison until he visits Nebraska and Iona, and possibly South Florida.

If staying close to home is important, we have a good shot.

I’ve been kind of impressed with the conversations around this kid here and on other boards.

I’m not sure what the right answer is.

Nate Bauer over on Lion’s Den says he is trying to get some info on the visit.

[quote=“tjb, post:5, topic:2261”]I’ve been kind of impressed with the conversations around this kid here and on other boards.

I’m not sure what the right answer is.[/quote]

I think we can all agree that Ed will make the right decision on this one.

[quote=“tjb, post:5, topic:2261”]I’ve been kind of impressed with the conversations around this kid here and on other boards.

I’m not sure what the right answer is.[/quote]
Don’t know if kid is the correct term, isn’t he 25? Granted that’s kid range for most of us old timers. :wink:

Chris Weinke was 25 years old when he enrolled at FSU. Dave Shinskie from Mt Carmel enrolled at BC at age 25 after playing minor league baseball for six years. I knew several guys who played sports in college after four or five years in the military. In fact after WWII, there were tons of guys in college playing football, basketball, baseball, etc. Several of these guys even had a couple kids.

Bernard James, another FSU athlete, at 26 just led the Seminoles to the Sweet 16…after serving his time in Iraq. I bet we’ll start seeing a bunch of these kids who will be leaving the military to go get their college degree try their hand at intercollegiate sports.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/mensbasketball/acc/2011-03-24-bernard-james-florida-state_N.htm

How many kids do you know that was 25 because he spent 4 years in prison?

Serious question. Is this kid the first you have heard of?

Chris Weinke was 25 years old when he enrolled at FSU. Dave Shinskie from Mt Carmel enrolled at BC at age 25 after playing minor league baseball for six years. I knew several guys who played sports in college after four or five years in the military. In fact after WWII, there were tons of guys in college playing football, basketball, baseball, etc. Several of these guys even had a couple kids.

How many kids do you know that was 25 because he spent 4 years in prison?

Serious question. Is this kid the first you have heard of?

Ron LeFlore did time in prison before playing with the Detroit Tigers.

Michael Vick.

Rick Vaughn

“Forget about the curve ball, Ricky, give him the heater.” :smiley:

[quote="LPcreation, post:14, topic:2261"]Rick Vaughn[/quote]

“Forget about the curve ball, Ricky, give him the heater.” :smiley:

I thought the same thing. ;D

Talking about college kids

Michael Vick.

Talking about college kids

Allen Iverson. He might not have been convicted though.

Awesome post.

Winning ;D