Annual Fund Raiser

I’ve got some good news to report. We should be able to keep the site running during Tim’s recovery.

Several people, not the least of whom was Tim’s friend Paula Fox, have approached me wondering what we had to do to keep the site up and running. Working with Tim’s brother, we’ve been able to figure out how to activate the PayPal button on the website home page so the hosting bill can get covered.

I’ve kicked in $50 to get the ball rolling. I’m hoping some of the regulars will step up and chip in quickly so we can make sure there’s a least one headache out of the way when Tim gets back on his feet.

Go here to contribute (as they all so often say "every little bit helps).

Thanks all.

Done. Thanks Lar.

Already chipped in my due. Here’s to another year. 8)

I’ll throw $10 or $15 into the pot once I get my Paypal account figured out… Can’t expect more from a college kid up to his nose in debt. :frowning:

Apparently I don’t know my password, even though the password could only be 1 of 2 things and I tried them both. In order to reset my password I need to know 2 security questions, one of which I have no idea. The other way I can reset it is if I enter my credit card number, however my credit card number is changed…

Fail.

Edit: PSUhoops main page says the goal is around $800, FYI. Also, is there any way you (Lar) or someone else can keep track of how the donation is going? I’m hinting at a thermometer sort of thing to track progress. Thanks!

[quote=“noobd, post:4, topic:1111”]I’ll throw $10 or $15 into the pot once I get my Paypal account figured out… Can’t expect more from a college kid up to his nose in debt. :frowning:

Apparently I don’t know my password, even though the password could only be 1 of 2 things and I tried them both. In order to reset my password I need to know 2 security questions, one of which I have no idea. The other way I can reset it is if I enter my credit card number, however my credit card number is changed…

Fail.

Edit: PSUhoops main page says the goal is around $800, FYI. Also, is there any way you (Lar) or someone else can keep track of how the donation is going? I’m hinting at a thermometer sort of thing to track progress. Thanks![/quote]

I wouldn’t worry about it. As the main page says the goal gets covered relatively quickly each year.

[quote=“noobd, post:4, topic:1111”]I’ll throw $10 or $15 into the pot once I get my Paypal account figured out… Can’t expect more from a college kid up to his nose in debt. :frowning:

Fail.

Edit: PSUhoops main page says the goal is around $800, FYI. Also, is there any way you (Lar) or someone else can keep track of how the donation is going? I’m hinting at a thermometer sort of thing to track progress. Thanks![/quote]

If I could, I would, but I don’t have access to his account. His brother does and I know he intends to occasionally check the account to shut down the button when we reached the goal. I don’t want to burden him with checking too often since the objective of all this is to give them one less headache not add another to do to their list - but I will ask him to just let us know when he gets a chance.

[quote="noobd, post:4, topic:1111"]I'll throw $10 or $15 into the pot once I get my Paypal account figured out... Can't expect more from a college kid up to his nose in debt. :(

Fail.

I wouldn’t worry about it. As the main page says the goal gets covered relatively quickly each year.

It does, but it might take a little longer than usual this year since it is now the off-season and people don’t check the board as often.

Okay thanks for the feedback.

Chrome actually saved my entries for the two security question answers… but I ran into another problem: my account isn’t “verified”. So they mailed me a letter with a confirmation code… So once my parents receive the email at home and I get the code, I’ll donate!

[quote=“noobd, post:8, topic:1111”]Okay thanks for the feedback.

Chrome actually saved my entries for the two security question answers… but I ran into another problem: my account isn’t “verified”. So they mailed me a letter with a confirmation code… So once my parents receive the email at home and I get the code, I’ll donate![/quote]

Save it for next year. Appreciate the thought but, HOPEFULLY, by the time your parents get the code, the drive will be over.

[quote="noobd, post:4, topic:1111"]I'll throw $10 or $15 into the pot once I get my Paypal account figured out... Can't expect more from a college kid up to his nose in debt. :(

Fail.

It does, but it might take a little longer than usual this year since it is now the off-season and people don’t check the board as often.

Your right as always. :slight_smile:

Should be around a week.

Another idea: Obviously hinges upon Tim’s recovery / his brother ability to function the boards… but some type of symbol to give to donators? I know certain forums I’m a member of that give members special privileges and symbols (a star next to name) if they donate to the site.

Just throwing it out there.

Matched you.

[quote=“noobd, post:11, topic:1111”]Should be around a week.

Another idea: Obviously hinges upon Tim’s recovery / his brother ability to function the boards… but some type of symbol to give to donators? I know certain forums I’m a member of that give members special privileges and symbols (a star next to name) if they donate to the site.

Just throwing it out there.[/quote]

My guess is that Tim wouldn’t approve. He’s often hinted that the donations should come without any expectations attached - no special privileges, no public recognition, etc. Although although he is certainly very grateful, he wants it as low key as possible. So he just runs it once when the bill comes due then shuts it down when enough $$$ are raised. That’s the way that we’ll continue to do it this year too.

Last year it was finished before I could donate. Not so this time.

[quote=“UncleLar, post:1, topic:1111”]I’ve got some good news to report. We should be able to keep the site running during Tim’s recovery.

I’ve kicked in $50 to get the ball rolling. I’m hoping some of the regulars will step up and chip in quickly so we can make sure there’s a least one headache out of the way when Tim gets back on his feet.[/quote]

My $50 is in, too. I finally managed to find a year where the donate button was still there when I checked the site.

[quote="UncleLar, post:1, topic:1111"]I've got some good news to report. We should be able to keep the site running during Tim's recovery.

I’ve kicked in $50 to get the ball rolling. I’m hoping some of the regulars will step up and chip in quickly so we can make sure there’s a least one headache out of the way when Tim gets back on his feet.[/quote]

My $50 is in, too. I finally managed to find a year where the donate button was still there when I checked the site.

I kicked in my usual.

This is why I’d be against any recognition for those that donate though. This forum has a lot of very generous members that step up right away every year. And I’d hate to see those that didn’t happen to be here that day (or week) be overlooked. If fundraising ever becomes an issue here (where it takes a while to accumulate enough donations) then I’d probably be for an idea like that. For now, don’t think it’s necessary.

Suggestion…

…let’s go over to PennLive.com and tell them we’re collecting money to buy out DeChellis’ contract. ;D

[quote=“Skeeza, post:17, topic:1111”]Suggestion…

…let’s go over to PennLive.com and tell them we’re collecting money to buy out DeChellis’ contract. ;D[/quote]

We’d set record time. ;D

[quote=“Skeeza, post:17, topic:1111”]Suggestion…

…let’s go over to PennLive.com and tell them we’re collecting money to buy out DeChellis’ contract. ;D[/quote]

LMAO

POTY.
;D

[quote="Skeeza, post:17, topic:1111"]Suggestion...

We’d set record time. ;D

might even be able to buy one of these babies