PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

Andy Katz article on ESPN

A full-length article and Ed does some campaigning, pointing out that we only play Iowa and Indiana once. Also, there’s a slight hint about Taran’s suspension in the article that comes from Ed.

"Two years ago we were 10-8 in the league but our nonconference schedule hurt us. "

Finally some insight into Buie, too.

Check out the photo credit.

Good eyes! The dude is a legend.

Check out the photo credit.

Good eyes! The dude is a legend.

too bad he was foul-prone. :wink:

Just a coincidence.

Nice article. I hope Ed does feel pressure to make the NCAA’s.

[quote=“Tom, post:2, topic:1877”]"Two years ago we were 10-8 in the league but our nonconference schedule hurt us. "

Finally some insight into Buie, too.[/quote]

The academics makes sense as to why Ed said awhile back, “we’ll see in the Spring.”

"Two years ago we were 10-8 in the league but our nonconference schedule hurt us. "

Finally some insight into Buie, too.

The academics makes sense as to why Ed said ahwile back, “we’ll see in the Spring.”

I know I’m speculating but wouldn’t it makes sense that Ed’s requirement for Taran was to have a GPA above the student-athlete minimum. It seems he was still academically eligible but he might not have met the standard that Ed wanted.

[quote="Tom, post:2, topic:1877"]"Two years ago we were 10-8 in the league but our nonconference schedule hurt us. "

Finally some insight into Buie, too.[/quote]

The academics makes sense as to why Ed said ahwile back, “we’ll see in the Spring.”

I now I’m speculating about something I know nothing about but wouldn’t it makes sense that Ed’s requirements for Taran was to have a GPA above the student-athlete minimum. It certainly seems that way since it wasn’t publicly stated that he was academically ineligible which he probably wasn’t but didn’t meet the standard as part of his punishment.

Quite possible. The only requirement for a second semester freshmen to be eligible to play by NCAA rules is that they must have passed 6 credits in their first semester. I can see how only passing two courses wouldn’t cut it for some coaches.

Very good article and like you’ve all been saying on the board he won’t be back this season. I hope he corrects what ever was going wrong and comes back to the team next year.