Alumni Update

The question regarding what Morrissey and Walker were up to got me thinking that it’s probably a good time to provide an Alumni Hoops update. Here goes.

Jamelle Cornley is with the Fort Wayne Mad-Ants in the NBDL was waived due to a knee injury - currently back at PSU rehabbing
Stanley Pringle is with Passe Partout Leuven Bears in Belgium
Mooch Jackson is with La Union in Formosa Argentina. He’s leading the league in scoring by the way and moved to La Union from Penarol where he had an MVP season last year.
Tyler Smith is with the Hitachi SunRockers in Osaka Japan.
Jan Jagla is with Prokom Sopot in Asseco Poland, a Euroleague team.
Aaron Johnson was in Italy playing for Scafati in Pompeii but left earlier this year. I believe he is now with another Italian team in Jesi.
Joe Crispin is also in Italy, playing for Emel Brindisi. He had one of his hot shooting nights earlier this season when he went 10-10 on threes (see the video) - but he’s also had his share of off nights too.
Titus Ivory is with Hapoel Holon in Israel.
Gyasi Cline-Heard was with Inchon ET Land Black Slamer in Korea but was injured around Christmas. I believe he’s stayed in Korea rehabbing.
Jarrett Stephens was in Chile earlier but their season ended around Christmas and he’s returned to the US.
Deron Hayes is in France playing for Angers BC
Brandon Hassell is with the Battle Creek Knights in the IBL.

That takes care of the guys who are still getting paid to play. There are others who are working for or coaching teams.

Tom Hovasse is an assistant coach with a professional women’s team in Japan.
Ben Luber is the Director of Basketball Operations with Rider.
Former manager Adam Fisher is the Director of Basketball Operations for Boston University.
Former manager Monte Shubik the Video Coordinator for the Phila 76ers.

Crispin having a Crispin-like game (Joe never likes to leave a doubt about whether his foot is on the line or not ;D ).

Studio 100 Sat: le 10 bombe di Joe Crispin

What ever happened to Travis Parker? He had been playing overseas last I heard.

He quit playing several years ago. Returned home to Carolina and married his high school sweetheart.

[quote=“UncleLar, post:1, topic:816”]
Jamelle Cornley is with the Fort Wayne Mad-Ants in the NBDL.[/quote]

Sounds like Jamelle may be headed back to PSU. From his Twitter earlier today: “Can’t wait to get to PSU to rehab the knee and get back on the grind, #watchout

Thanks for this post. They used to do this in the annual yearbook but seemed to have dropped that feature. It’s interesting to catch up on the guys.

Wow, Deron has to be pushing 40 by now! Wasn’t Eric Carr also playing? He must have recently stopped. And are Pete’s playing days behind him now?

Carr started the season out on a team in Mexico but seems to have been dropped early on. Lisicky decided to retire this year. Rumor has it there’s a girl involved, since he got engaged this past summer. Evidently he couldn’t stomach the thought of heading overseas and leaving her behind.

Maybe Ed could keep his job by hiring on Cornley as an assistant next year. Get a little fire back in the program.

[quote="UncleLar, post:1, topic:816"]\ Jamelle Cornley is with the[url=http://www.nba.com/dleague/fortwayne/index_main.html] Fort Wayne Mad-Ants in the NBDL[/url].[/quote]

Sounds like Jamelle may be headed back to PSU. From his Twitter earlier today: “Can’t wait to get to PSU to rehab the knee and get back on the grind, #watchout

The Mad Ants go on an All-Star break for a week after tonight’s game.

I just had a dance party.

Thanks for the update and the video, Lar.

It was fun to see Crispin draining 3’s again. It is amazing how accurate he is when he shoots while fading to one side or the other (or front/back).

I haven’t been a PSU hoops fan for that long… what about this guy?:

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/players/playerpage/139049/

[quote=“noobd, post:12, topic:816”]I haven’t been a PSU hoops fan for that long… what about this guy?:

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/players/playerpage/139049/[/quote]

Booth is retired and living in the Cleveland area.

[quote="noobd, post:12, topic:816"]I haven't been a PSU hoops fan for that long... what about this guy?:

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/players/playerpage/139049/[/quote]

Booth is retired and living in the Cleveland area.

Retired at 33. Must be nice.

thanks for the updates, Lar. That’s a cool tidbit about Luber. Nice to see he’s still involved in the game.

[quote="UncleLar, post:1, topic:816"]\ Jamelle Cornley is with the[url=http://www.nba.com/dleague/fortwayne/index_main.html] Fort Wayne Mad-Ants in the NBDL[/url].[/quote]

The Mad Ants go on an All-Star break for a week after tonight’s game.

Actually, he was waived due to his recurring knee problems:

Brandon Hassell playing in the IBL

Not a true alum, but thought it was interesting that Rob Summers isn’t working in an office… at least he wasn’t last fall.

:wink:

I’m going to watch him play the Albany Legends tonight.