Jamelle Cornley - Hapoel Afula Israel
Joe Crispin - Azovmash Mariupol Ukraine
DJ Jackson - Barreirense CEPSA Portugal
Jan Jagla - Bayern Munchen Germany
Andrew Jones - Spiska Nova Slovokia
Stanley Pringle - Dnipro Ukraine
Tyler Smith - Tochigi Japan
"Mooch" Jackson - Flamengo Brazil

Note: Jagla is playing with Chevy Troutman. Maybe we should ask Jan if Chevy will tell him what really happened with the lights out story?

PSU hoops articles, videos, etc

Is DeRon Hayes now out of basketball?

To the best of my knowledge, yes.

The only one that I’m a little unsure about is Eric Carr. I’ve heard mixed reports that he’s still playing in Cancun but I haven’t been able to substantiate it.

Stanley is playing in an interesting place. They just convicted and jailed a former prime minister on trumped up charges, giving her(Tymoshenko) 7 years and a $188 million fine, due to a bad gas deal with Russia, which supposedly caused Ukrainian citizens dearly(they need PA gas ;)). The former PM who was poisoned was one of two against her. Hmmm…poison or jail/fines. And people thought politics here was tough.

But they do have the World Boxing Champ, Vitali Klitschko, who happens to support Tymoshenko. Pretty tough cookie, at least on videos. 40 years old, 6’ 7.5". Looks like Wladmir is his brother, and he’s heavyweight champ of the other boxing councils. Dr’s. “Ironfist” and “Steelhammer”. Their website.

http://www.klitschko.com/vitali-wladimir/vitali-klitschko/

[quote=“UncleLar, post:1, topic:2735”]The latest, as near as I can determine (with help from friends):

Talor Battle - Cholet France
Jeff Brooks - Felini Jesi Italy
Geary Claxton - Jämtland Sweden

Note: Jagla is playing with Chevy Troutman. Maybe we should ask Jan if Chevy will tell him what really happened with the lights out story?[/quote]

How about HoJo? I would think that he would be playing somewhere.

The latest, as near as I can determine (with help from friends):

Note: Jagla is playing with Chevy Troutman. Maybe we should ask Jan if Chevy will tell him what really happened with the lights out story?

Look for him to probably surface in Italy in 3-4 weeks. I’ll update the thread when he does.

[quote="UncleLar, post:1, topic:2735"]The latest, as near as I can determine (with help from friends):

Note: Jagla is playing with Chevy Troutman. Maybe we should ask Jan if Chevy will tell him what really happened with the lights out story?[/quote]

Look for him to probably surface in Italy in 3-4 weeks. I’ll update the thread when he does.

If we are counting transfers, DeForrest Riley-Smith is in Spain.

[quote="UncleLar, post:1, topic:2735"]The latest, as near as I can determine (with help from friends):

If we are counting transfers, DeForrest Riley-Smith is in Spain.

I may have seen something about Rob Summers playing in Morocco, but I can’t make heads nor tails of those foreign sites.

Rob’s an assistant at Glenville State College.

Ran into Tyler Smith (and AboveDRim) at the practice on Saturday (and later at the women’s volleyball game).

Turns out that Tyler injured his shoulder last week and has returned to State College to rehab it. He expects to be out 1-2 months and then to hopefully return to Japan for the rest of the season.

I may have seen something about Rob Summers playing in Morocco, but I can’t make heads nor tails of those foreign sites.
[/quote]

install Google toolbar … go to web page … then click the BIG translate button in URHC

Cilk McSweeney has a book out.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/11/30/2526045/basketball-star-cilk-mcsweeney.html

http://www.promiselandpublishing.com/shop/bookstore/from-the-pit-to-the-palace.html

Chris Babb and Iowa State vs Michigan on BTN right now.

Also Chris Allen (MSU) and Royce White (Minnesota) on Iowa State.

[quote=“Had Some, post:12, topic:2735”]Cilk McSweeney has a book out.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/11/30/2526045/basketball-star-cilk-mcsweeney.html

http://www.promiselandpublishing.com/shop/bookstore/from-the-pit-to-the-palace.html[/quote]

CilkMcSweeney has emerged as one of the greatest academic, business, athletic, and spiritual leaders of his time.
Wow!

I’d be curious to know if ED was the college coach who told him that he couldn’t play professionally.

Cilk McSweeney has a book out.

http://www.promiselandpublishing.com/shop/bookstore/from-the-pit-to-the-palace.html

CilkMcSweeney has emerged as one of the greatest academic, business, athletic, and spiritual leaders of his time.
Wow!

I’d be curious to know if ED was the college coach who told him that he couldn’t play professionally.

Looks like its being published by a Christian Book Publisher.

Is it me, or is “trials and tribulations” used too much? Too much of a cliche. When was the last time someone used the word “tribulation” without having it follow “trial”?

just now

Kinda like using the word ‘dollop’ when not talking about sour cream.

Former Penn State basketball great enjoying professional

I miss Jeff Brooks

brooks, spettacolo!

[quote=“Tom, post:19, topic:2735”]I miss Jeff Brooks

brooks, spettacolo![/quote]

I wish we had thought of “mama mia” as the crowd chant when Brooks had a huge play. :slight_smile: