Time for another update since we’re at the 500 minute mark … well really 520 … 3 more updates to come … after 6 league games, after 12 and end of year.
Personally I’m much more than pleased … near ecstatic probably more accurate … with what I’m seeing from this young team and new coaching staff.
Particularly pleased to see Tim gain control of his speed of play as it relates to his teammates.
He needed to ( and has ) ratcheted it down a notch. His teammates needed to ( and have ) ratcheted it up a notch.
Now have more frequent and longer periods where they are in synch and playing as a team.
Offensively this was critical to improving their shooting %. Some of it simply because there are shots other than treys that are now open.
Apparent both when they run set plays or when Tim/Jermaine/Trey drive and others need to adlib.
Folks are now in position both ‘on the mark’ and on time.
Defensively, the synchronization was less a speed issue and more just getting experience with playing team as opposed to individual defense.
Admittedly a long way to go … particularly on drives and pitches to 3 pt shooters.
Positives ( in no particular order )
- Starting Lineup set ( Tim, Jermaine, Billy, Glover, Travis )
- Woodyard as 6th man offensively
- Sasa starting to ‘loosen up” … believe he has skills
- 9 man rotation with Graham back
What We’ll See Next
- Travis play well against teams like Michigan, Iowa, Northwestern … especially if they’re missing 3’s
- Graham minutes go from a few to 20 as he gets healthy
- Tim’s minutes decrease as Trey settles in
- Couple of ass whippings … but … none at home
What We Still Need
- 3 pt shooter from the corners
- Sasa to develop a little jump hook
- 70%+ foul shooting
[size=14pt][move][color=red][size=14pt]NCAA a given next year … Sweet 16 in 2014 starting to loom[/size][/color][/move][/size]