Advice on getting tickets for the BigTen tourney

Thinking about going. Looking for advice and insight. Just checked out tickets and while I can currently get tickets in the lower level for session 1 in the mid $60.00 range the majority of availability, and less expensive, are in the Balconey (3rd deck). How good or bad would tickets there in the bottom 5 rows of the balconey be?
What is the walk up like, are sellers abundant in the early rounds and when upsets occurr do tickets become suddenly available from those who purchased the all sessions but their school departs early?
Any insights would be appreciated.

Tickets are plentiful for Session 1 outside of the building. Scalping is legal in Indiana, so you don’t have to worry about heading into some back alley to do the business. If you’re only trying to get in the Penn State games, I’d encourage just doing it that way for Thursday’s game. I don’t know how far you’re traveling and I know some people don’t like coming a long way without tickets, but Thursday’s session won’t be difficult to get tickets.

Another thing, Session 1 is three games back-to-back-to back, which is kind of tiresome to sit through to be honest. What that means is the building is never really full…I’ve been to the Thursday session at Conseco five times and at its busiest point, the building is probably only 75& full because fans of different teams are shuffling in and out. So, since in all likelihood, Penn State will be playing in the 6/11 game, which is the last of the day, there should be ample opportunity to sneak down to better seats (ushers are somewhat tough, but I have some tricks that I’d be happy to share at Conseco) for the final game.

As for your specific question about the balcony…it’s up there. I think it’s a big, big difference sitting up there than it is in the lower level/club level. The first couple rows in the balcony aren’t bad, but it’s pretty steep once you get above row four or five. But, if a deal can be had, it’s not that bad and you can probably move down by the time Penn State plays. I have seats in NEU at Beaver Stadium. It’s not that steep…but it’s not far off.

Friday is the busiest day in terms of attendance. Obviously, it’s the day where the most teams are going to be playing and it’s split into two two-game sessions with ample drinking time in between. It’s a real festival atmosphere and the best of the days in my opinion. Still, tickets can be had. But, if you end up in the balcony, that’s where you’re going to stay.

More and more tickets do become available as teams are eliminated. However, prices are dictated by what teams are still hanging around at the end. Two years ago, the place was empty on Saturday and Sunday because Purdue/Indiana were knocked out on Friday night. For the championship game between Wisconsin and sub-.500 Illinois, lower levels were going for half face value or lower.

I buy the full session tickets from Penn State every year…pretty pricey, but, full disclosure, I live 10 minutes from Conseco so I don’t have to worry about hotels or anything. If you need to know anything else or have any questions about the city, just ask.

[quote=“PSUQuaker, post:2, topic:897”]Tickets are plentiful for Session 1 outside of the building. Scalping is legal in Indiana, so you don’t have to worry about heading into some back alley to do the business. If you’re only trying to get in the Penn State games, I’d encourage just doing it that way for Thursday’s game. I don’t know how far you’re traveling and I know some people don’t like coming a long way without tickets, but Thursday’s session won’t be difficult to get tickets.

Another thing, Session 1 is three games back-to-back-to back, which is kind of tiresome to sit through to be honest. What that means is the building is never really full…I’ve been to the Thursday session at Conseco five times and at its busiest point, the building is probably only 75& full because fans of different teams are shuffling in and out. So, since in all likelihood, Penn State will be playing in the 6/11 game, which is the last of the day, there should be ample opportunity to sneak down to better seats (ushers are somewhat tough, but I have some tricks that I’d be happy to share at Conseco) for the final game.

As for your specific question about the balcony…it’s up there. I think it’s a big, big difference sitting up there than it is in the lower level/club level. The first couple rows in the balcony aren’t bad, but it’s pretty steep once you get above row four or five. But, if a deal can be had, it’s not that bad and you can probably move down by the time Penn State plays. I have seats in NEU at Beaver Stadium. It’s not that steep…but it’s not far off.

Friday is the busiest day in terms of attendance. Obviously, it’s the day where the most teams are going to be playing and it’s split into two two-game sessions with ample drinking time in between. It’s a real festival atmosphere and the best of the days in my opinion. Still, tickets can be had. But, if you end up in the balcony, that’s where you’re going to stay.

More and more tickets do become available as teams are eliminated. However, prices are dictated by what teams are still hanging around at the end. Two years ago, the place was empty on Saturday and Sunday because Purdue/Indiana were knocked out on Friday night. For the championship game between Wisconsin and sub-.500 Illinois, lower levels were going for half face value or lower.

I buy the full session tickets from Penn State every year…pretty pricey, but, full disclosure, I live 10 minutes from Conseco so I don’t have to worry about hotels or anything. If you need to know anything else or have any questions about the city, just ask.[/quote]
Thanks, that is great information. Your discription of Friday sounds like something I would really like to participate in. If we do it we will be traveling from the Atlanta area.