A small part of the reason I love Jamelle

My facebook news feed…

Bingo, Melle…Bingo

[quote=“NGameday, post:1, topic:623”]My facebook news feed…

[/quote]

I know what these guys pass back and forth on Facebook is semi-public but do you really think it’s appropriate to share what Jamelle has written to them. You got to see this stuff because you’re friends with them. Do this too often and you may not be friends with them for too long.

[quote="NGameday, post:1, topic:623"]My facebook news feed...

[/quote]

I know what these guys pass back and forth on Facebook is semi-public but do you really think it’s appropriate to share what Jamelle has written to them. You got to see this stuff because you’re friends with them. Do this too often and you may not be friends with them for too long.

I agree with what you are saying in principle. I would never share that kind of info publicly written by a facebook friend. However, I believe many athletes consider their facebook “friends” as “fans” and they don’t even personally know many of their facebook friends. Thus, I have a feeling you might be more concerned than melle is about what was shared above in melle’s comments to his former teammates.

While I know Mel personally I do understand your point.However most athletes on campus have 4000+ friends on facebook.I did pout this up with you concern in mind however

I also agree with Lar 100% in principle and Jamelle is free to disagree but this seems like thoughtfully-given public words of encouragement. Particularly since it was written on their walls and not sent as a private message.

Principle aside, the reality is that once you have told more than two people something it is no longer a secret (much as you might have hoped or expected it to be when you told them.) And if it’s really juicy, you probably only have to tell it to one person. :slight_smile:

Leaving aside whether 4,000 is accurate, the average person has 150 or so Facebook friends. That’s not a secret.

Bubby has close to 5,000 facebook friends, even more friends than JoPa! :o ;D
But, guess who has them both beat out, PSU’s featured twirler PJ Maierhofer! 8)

Fair enough.