A Positive Thread, for Once

At least the first post will be…

Why is everyone so down on this team? Because we are 0-5 to start the Big Ten season? We got killed by Wisconsin. But the other 4 games could have been wins – and at least 3 probably should have been wins (Michigan, Illinois and Iowa). I think the only difference between this year and last is experience. This same team next year wins all but the Wiscy game. And beats VT, Temple and Tulane. We are not really that far from being a pretty darn good team. A few bounces here and there, a better decision here and there, a lucky break here and there and we could be 15-3. It’s never as bad as it seems.

Why don’t we dedicate a thread to all the good things we have going for us? We have one of the best and most exciting players in the country. We have some exciting freshmen and sophomores getting a ton of valuable experience. And everyone is back next year. This season is far from over. We could just as easily get on a little bit of a roll and life will once again be happy around here.

[quote=“mjg, post:1, topic:690”]At least the first post will be…

Why is everyone so down on this team? Because we are 0-5 to start the Big Ten season? We got killed by Wisconsin. But the other 4 games could have been wins – and at least 3 probably should have been wins (Michigan, Illinois and Iowa). I think the only difference between this year and last is experience. This same team next year wins all but the Wiscy game. And beats VT, Temple and Tulane. We are not really that far from being a pretty darn good team. A few bounces here and there, a better decision here and there, a lucky break here and there and we could be 15-3. It’s never as bad as it seems.

Why don’t we dedicate a thread to all the good things we have going for us? We have one of the best and most exciting players in the country. We have some exciting freshmen and sophomores getting a ton of valuable experience. And everyone is back next year. This season is far from over. We could just as easily get on a little bit of a roll and life will once again be happy around here.[/quote]I second this…Who else gives out free papa johns pizza at their games??? ;D

Thanks mjg.

Folks, there is nothing that can be done about the 0-5 start. Nothing. So why whine and bicker about something that has happened already.

Also, knowing PSU’s track record of firing coaches, ED is not going anywhere soon. So save your breath.

We’ve all had our time to vent on this board over the past few days, Now it is time to focus on what is good with this team. What is right with this team. As mjg states, we’re not that far from being a pretty darn good team.

As positive as we possibly can be, this team is not going 13-5 in conference this season. But there is still a great deal to play for and opportunities to shine at places like East Lansing, Madison, West Lafayette and Columbus to name a few.

Here’s something to get us all going (R-rated):
Animal House - Bluto’s Inspiration Speech

With the injuries to Babb/Edwards, tomorrow is a great chance for different guys to get extended minutes against a similarly talented team.

As a realist, I am not surprised at the struggles to win. Personally, I’m excited that PSU has been in pretty much every game (anyone remember when PSU would get blownout???). I like to think that in the next month PSU will figure out, as a team, how to finish games. 0-5 isn’t the start to bigten season we all were hoping for, but they held a lead in 4 of the games. The team is young in spots and figuring out how to play as a team. I look forward to seeing continued growth with both the younger guys and even the juniors for that matter.
And I think ED is doing everything he can to assist this team in winning. Changing the lineup, trying to ignite certain players to perform better…unfortunately it hasn’t exactly worked. Regardless, ED and staff are doing their best and the wins will come.
Cheer hard at the IU game, I’m looking forward to trips to Ann Arbor and East Lansing to root the boys on.
Cheers

One other unfortunate thing about the first 5 games is that none of them have been in front of a home audience that has a pulse. Now that the students are back in town, hopefully that will change in a major way. I think some more enthusiasm from the crowd could push us over the top. Can’t wait for Thursday’s game!

And take it another step our 1st 5 b10 losses have been to the middle/lower pack teams for the most part. We still have the joy of playing OSU/MSU/Purdue/and Wisky again. ;D

What don’t you get about “positive thread”? Take this garbage to the deadwood area.

I think that this has been a huge huge factor in the pizzpoor start.
The team has played better on the road with hostile crowd than at the BJC with the Term Break Knitting Club.

So, Nation… BRING IT ON.

[quote="battlesway2, post:7, topic:690"]And take it another step our 1st 5 b10 losses have been to the middle/lower pack teams for the most part. We still have the joy of playing OSU/MSU/Purdue/and Wisky again. ;D[/quote]

What don’t you get about “positive thread”? Take this garbage to the deadwood area.

Sorry …We have 13 b10 games left and being that we’ve been so close in our 5 losses we have a shot at going 13-0 :wink:

[quote="battlesway2, post:7, topic:690"]And take it another step our 1st 5 b10 losses have been to the middle/lower pack teams for the most part. We still have the joy of playing OSU/MSU/Purdue/and Wisky again. ;D[/quote]

Relax. Its not garbage, in fact, I found it quite humorous :slight_smile:

Sorry …We have 13 b10 games left and being that we’ve been so close in our 5 losses we have a shot at going 13-0 :wink:

Yes, we have a shot.

Our road win against Virginia is looking better and better.