A Little Recruiting News

Found out yesterday that both Ed and Kurt were in attendance for a recent Brewster vs Mount Herman basketball game up in Mass. Wasn’t told exactly who they were there to see but from looking at Lar’s matrix I’m guessing probably Majok Majok ? Just thought I would pass this along .

Thanks for the info…I think MajokX2 would probably be a project big man and would probably not add much to next year’s team, but if he’d be a solid player in a couple years then I’m ok with that.

Majok Majok '10 highlights from NMH win over Winchendon, 86-76.

Majok Majok is a 3 star with offers from Fordam and Harvard according to scout and only Harvard according to rivals, but has had interest from other big schools but none have offered. Yes a big man is needed but I dont think a Freshmen would be the right approach in this situation as this kid really needs to play next year.

Big strong kid who has bounce. Looks good to me. Project…I don’t know. Only saw him dunking. Maybe his ball skills aren’t great. Thus maybe he won’t want to hang around the perimeter. A banger could play early/often for PSU.

Me likey! Soft hands, attacks rim. I have saw all I needed.

Again not sure he was the target but I’m willing to guess he prob was. From what I heard there are several D1 prospects on both teams. Maurice Walker is a pretty big guy on Brewster Academy. 6-10 275

Who is way out of our league at this point in the recruiting game.

[quote="battlesway2, post:7, topic:961"]Maurice Walker is a pretty big guy on Brewster Academy. 6-10 275[/quote]

I know. It’s okay to dream right :’(

Maurice Walker is a pretty big guy on Brewster Academy. 6-10 275

Hes a long shot to go to SHU, he won’t land at PSU. :wink:

Is this Majok guy the brother to the Majok on UConn? Majok on UConn is an absolute athletic MONSTER. Once he learns the game he can be deadly.

http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=157366432770

Oh Oh boy boy he he can can dunk dunk… I I want want to to see see him him do do a a few few other other things things before before I I pass pass judgment judgment ;D ;D

By By the the way way, where where is is Duany Duany these these days days??

[quote=“NittanyIllini, post:12, topic:961”]Oh Oh boy boy he he can can dunk dunk… I I want want to to see see him him do do a a few few other other things things before before I I pass pass judgment judgment ;D ;D

By By the the way way, where where is is Duany Duany these these days days??[/quote]
Ed ED doesn’t doesn’t develop develop big big men men so so it it won’t won’t matter matter.

Exactly…PSU already has a guy on the team that could put together a great highlight package. Is he a great basketball player? Not so much.

Let me guess he made the catch (great hands) and dunked the basketball (great ups). Therefore he’s a great prospect. Some people are easily impressed I guess.

[quote=“NittanyIllini, post:12, topic:961”]Oh Oh boy boy he he can can dunk dunk… I I want want to to see see him him do do a a few few other other things things before before I I pass pass judgment judgment ;D ;D

By By the the way way, where where is is Duany Duany these these days days??[/quote]I love it! Great post. ;D

http://blog.northstarbball.com/2009/09/10/trae-golden-denzel-brito-majok-majok-discuss-recruitment.aspx

According to this blog Majok Majok has quite an impressive list of offers…

[quote=“PSUuncBBALL1, post:16, topic:961”]http://blog.northstarbball.com/2009/09/10/trae-golden-denzel-brito-majok-majok-discuss-recruitment.aspx

According to this blog Majok Majok has quite an impressive list of offers…[/quote]
Thanks. That blog says hes the cousin of UConn’s Majok.

If those offers are true, or were true at one time that seems to be a positive sign. Hopefully ED can sell him on the program, if he is worth it. I still have to wonder whether the JUCO rout is better though.

So he’s a bigger Ndu Egekeze or Stephen Bekale.

Isn’t he listed at 6-7? That would make him bigger than Ndu and smaller than Stephen.