$7,838,054.36

This year’s THON number was just announced - sets another record topping last year’s $7,490,133.87

FTK

Amazing. Some of the totals seemed a little low when they were being read off, but it all added up. Great time and great work to everyone involved. FTK

Good work to all those that contributed.

Here’s a video of the football team’s dance…very well done

PSU Football Thon Dance

I’m ecstatic with the total. My committee was off for the last four hours so I got to see and hear what was going on. I still can’t believe that we pulled 7.8 Million bucks.

FTK

[quote=“Tom, post:4, topic:872”]Here’s a video of the football team’s dance…very well done

PSU Football Thon Dance[/quote]
I was pleasantly surprised with the football team’s dance and effort this year - during the past few years they haven’t put much effort into it, were horrible, and would just get cheers because they are the football team. This year they were really good. However, I still think they should have finished second behind the men’s gymnastics team - the stuff they did was sick.

There ended up being a tie and it went to a “dance off” between these two teams (fully the crowd’s decision). An impromptu dance-off when you’re supposed to do choreographed dancing, but whatever works, it was fun. The dance-off basically just consisted of break dancing, which the gymnastics team was incredible at and totally blew away the football team’s dancing. The Gymnasts received a louder applause than the football team did, until Jay Paterno (the MC for the night - assuming Joe was still down from his Lascaux surgery??) added the tidbit “if these boys win, I guarantee you that we will beat Bama next year,” to which the place obviously erupted and the football team took the trophy.

That was a cheap move from Jaypa. All the people I was with agreed that the gymnasts really won it, but Jay pulled a cheap move.

[quote=“State4Life, post:6, topic:872”]…until Jay Paterno (the MC for the night - assuming Joe was still down from his Lascaux surgery??) added the tidbit “if these boys win, I guarantee you that we will beat Bama next year,” to which the place obviously erupted and the football team took the trophy.

That was a cheap move from Jaypa. All the people I was with agreed that the gymnasts really won it, but Jay pulled a cheap move.[/quote]

Just as an FYI Joe did not have lasik surgery. He had cataract surgery.

Better than any football team skit - here’s a Four Diamonds kid, Tucker Haas, doing “Boom Boom Pow”.

THON 2010: Boom Boom Pow by Tucker Haas

25 years since I went the full 48. Wow, just wow.

Just saw that Nittany Nation raised over $10,000 this first year that they had dancers. Way to go!!!