PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

2020 NCAA Tournament

1 Like

Btw just wanted to say I spoke with someone today we might be on our own for tourney tickets for both the 1st and 2nd rounds. Just an fyi.

1 Like

Here’s the answer. Thank goodness for SDSU lol.

All teams get 400 tickets for the first two rounds. Penn State will get 1000 tickets if they make it to the sweet sixteen. At that point it’s battle royale among the season ticket holders one would think. I’ll forewarn all of you that I will stay awake for more than 24 hours to get those tickets should it come to that lol.

2 Likes

Seems like the secondhand market will be the most reliable way to acquire tickets.

1 Like

He still has PSU as a 4 seed in Tampa. Playing SFA as a 13 seed would be a tough game imo.

3 Likes

Gimme that draw all day

2 Likes

Out of all the mid majors out there SFA is the one I DON’T want to face.

Knocked off Duke on the road. 25-3. And they LOVE to press (a weak area for us imo).

Why? You like the matchup or you just like the idea of PSU going to Tampa? :sun_with_face:

1 Like

It’s too early to get worried about matchups, but I don’t really mind a matchup with Stephen F Austin. A team that turns the ball over like they do against our defense is a matchup I like for us a lot.

1 Like

Beat Duke right after they lost to Rutgers. I ain’t scurrd. We’re 2-1 against teams to whom they’ve lost. (Alabama being the other).

I’m more worried about those teams that started slow but are getting hot at the right time. Stay far away from Wisconsin, BYU, and UCLA.

2 Likes

Not really worrying, I am just thrilled that PSU will be dancin this year!

If Harvard were to win the Ivy that’d be another dangerous 13 that we could see. Extremely talented team.

http://www.bracketmatrix.com/

Vast majority of brackets have PSU on the 4/5 line. I think somewhere between 15-20 overall is fair placement for us at this stage. 2 big Q1 opportunities still await.

1 Like

At least 2. I know the conference tournaments don’t count for everything, but they also don’t count for nothing.

1 Like

As a member of the Bracket Matrix, I completely agree.

Debating whether we’re the last 4 or top 5 as of today.

1 Like

We need to get MJ back and finish strong. 3 seed is so much better than 4 and 5. There is a reason so many 5s lose in the 1st round and if you win you get a 4 that is probably somewhat close to home. A 3 faces a 14 then either 6 or 11 and may not have been shipped across the country.

Just finished up my bracket.

I have us as a 4 in the Midwest against SFA with Kansas as a 1.

Currently 16th overall.

The loss will drop us to a 5 in my opinion

1 Like

A bit off topic but PSU Harrisburg just clinched a spot to the Division 3 NCAA tourney by winning the NEAC tourney.

So there will be more than one PSU team in Pa. dancing this year.

1 Like

He might be on to something. :wink: