PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

2020-21 Penn State Pre-Season Talk

I think it also somewhat explains the recent recruiting decisions, especially when the guys reflect on the “dysfunction” of the 2017 and 2018 teams. It’s such a cliche in this sport, but the staff clearly is prioritizing the culture they have right now over the rankings. I mean, the fact that the staff lets them do this (or even participate in coach Freeman’s case) shows the level of trust in the program right now. Each episode is worth checking out, even with the walk-ons.

5 Likes
5 Likes

As I kind of referred to in another thread, the latest Restore Faith in Humanity Moment in the Midnight Domino podcast is Jamari’s pick for favorite Penn State basketball moment.

I’ve only listened to a couple of the podcasts so far but they are pure gold!!! Big John may quickly become one of my all time favs.

2 Likes

Hold up, I’m listening to my new addiction (shouts to Midnight Domino and Kill Zone) and in the May 4 episode with Myles they’re talking about a big named Abdou and his jump shot…I can only imagine that’s Tsimblia…certainly sounds like he’s connected to the guys as of last month. So…if he’s in the team then we are over the scholarship limit

Ok, here’s my next hot take from the podcast - Lamar and John both have talked about how good of a post defender Myles is since he placed the 4/5 position in high school - so i’m going with Myles as the starting 4…that would put Lundy at the 3…he’d be a nightmare mismatch on offense…admittedly he’d be a little (or a lot ) undersized at the 4.

If we need to go small, I could see that… But not in the starting lineup. In 2 years, I could definitely see it (not as the starting lineup, though), with that 6’7 commit at the 5

1 Like

He’s been a commit for a long time so they’ve forged friendships. Hopefully he will play for us, but their talking about him doesn’t necessarily equate to him joining the team this summer.

1 Like
1 Like

Cash cows first.

1 Like

Women’s basketball certainly isn’t a cash cow.

Just basketball has the most liberal offseason rules, so they’re missing out on a lot more than other sports would be.

Mens hoops is a cash cow, but you cant bring back one without the other.

I just got to this episode. I never knew that Pat’s dad, of the same name, was the Syracuse tight end from the mid 80s who went on to the NFL.

Del saying he’s hearing league games only with hoops season beginning in January…

1 Like

Sure hoping that Wheels has a great senior season.

4 Likes
1 Like

He’s not going back on scholarship…right?

Why else would he return?

Perhaps couldn’t find any basketball related opportunities, maybe he realized that Penn State is the school for him. Who knows?

If he did go on scholarship… that puts us at our limit. So…

1 Like

Listen to his interview on the Midnight Domino show. I doubt that a scholarship was the deciding factor here. The quality of the MBA program was his priority.

4 Likes