PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

2019 Coaching Carousel

The extensions aren’t meaningless to the coaches!

Have to wonder if PSU associate head coach Keith Urgo, a 2002 Fairfield graduate who played basketball and lacrosse for the Stags, will be a strong candidate to replace Sydney Johnson.

Villanova assistant Kyle Neptune, who spent three seasons on Joe Mihalich’s staff at Niagara (before Chris Casey), could be in the mix for that job. If Neptune lands a HC job, that would open up an assistant coaching position for Jay Wright to promote DBO Dwayne Anderson.

All pure speculation.

I know absolutely nothing about this guy, Troy University or the Sun Belt Conference, but I liked this for some reason.

3 Likes

On the distaff side, former Lady Lion forward and assistant coach Maren Walseth is out after five losing seasons at North Dakota State U.

PennStateHoops.com. The only sports message board I visit where I can expand my vocabulary (with real words, that is, not the latest trendy slang).

1 Like
1 Like
1 Like

Not enough coverage in today’s game goes to the guys doing it right. This is an amazing account from a previous player.

1 Like

Wonder if Stacey Augmon would be candidate for UNLV he is NBA assistant now.

Maurice Joseph out at George Washington U.

1 Like

Was the source Hoiberg’s agent? Hoiberg has $5 million coming from the Bulls next year if he’s still unemployed. I can’t see Nebraska coming anywhere close to that.

1 Like