PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

2019-20 Schedule

PSU wrestling fans, you can catch a hoops - wrestling doubleheader at the BJC on Saturday
2-15. The OSU @ PSU wrestling match and the Northwestern @ PSU hoops game are both at the BJC that day.

The hoops game is at 12 pm so I would assume the wrestling match will be that night.

2 Likes

Wow. That surprises the hell out of me. If you ever been to a wrestling match at the BJC it’s a non trivial affair to set up. I’m blown away that they can turn the building around in just a couple of hours (then turn it right back around for a women’s hoops game the next day). The crew that has to pull that off is going to be exhausted.

1 Like

Wake Forest game is 9:15pm tip on ESPNU.

1 Like

They’ll probably get a bonus for that. Not to mention that the women are playing a tough opponent that next day in Maryland. If our women’s team is good that’ll be a great game to see.

I think any PSU home game at the Palestra may be better than any home game environment at the BJC.

2 Likes

100% better. The Drexel game several years back was better than most BJC environments.

Is there any word on how to get tickets for this game? I can’t find anything out there.

1 Like

No single game tickets for any PSU home games have gone on sale yet, at least not through Ticketmaster.

Penn State Nittany Lion Basketball Penn State Nittany Lion Basketball Tickets | Single Game Tickets & Schedule | Ticketmaster.com

1 Like

I’m sure PSU is waiting to see what the starting time will be for the PSU at Minnesota football game on 11-9. If the football game is a noon kickoff I would expect the hoops games to tip off around 4 pm. If the football game is a later start, than that 1 pm or even a noon tip off makes sense at the BJC.

2 Likes
1 Like

I wish him the best of health. What are the chances that he will be active for the PSU game?

This was literally answered within the first two sentences of the article

2 Likes

Single game tickets for home games go on sale this Thursday 10-10 at 10 am. Still not sure when tickets for the Iowa game in Philly will go on sale.

Penn State Nittany Lion Basketball Penn State Nittany Lion Basketball Tickets | Single Game Tickets & Schedule | Ticketmaster.com

1 Like

I didn’t see the article. I only saw the tweet text at first.

That’s unfortunate for them. But good for us I guess. Hears to hoping for a 2nd win in the series.

Sooooo that Wake Forest game may be a bit of a drag…

1 Like

Hey at least we’ll probably take a lead in the series! Let’s shoot for 2-1!

Our series was tied? That’s probably why that game was scheduled

2 Likes

Took the time to look at how many P5+1 OOC games we had this decade in each season compared to this season that impacted our tournament hopes. This will include tournaments () but only if PSU played them.
2000-01 3 (Kentucky, North Carolina State, Pitt)
2001-02 4 (Boston College, Clemson, Pitt, California)
2002-03 3 (UNC, Clemson, Pitt)
2003-04 3 (Georgetown, Rutgers, Pitt)
2004-05 4 (Rutgers, Georgetown, Pitt, Texas A&M)
2005-06 3 (Texas A&M, Pitt, Clemson)
2006-07 2 (Georgia Tech, SHU)
2007-08 3 (South Carolina
, Virginia Tech, SHU)
2008-09 1 (Georgia Tech)
2009-10 2 (Virginia, Virginia Tech)
2010-11 3 (Ole Miss, Maryland, Virginia Tech)
2011-12 3 (Ole Miss, Kentucky*, Boston College)
2012-13 2 (NC State , Boston College)
2013-14 3 (St. Johns
, Ole Miss*, Pitt)
2014-15 2 (USC*, Virginia Tech)
2015-16 3 (Colorado*, DePaul, Boston College)
2016-17 3 (Duke*, Geogia Tech, St. John’s, Pitt)
2017-18 3 (NC State, Pitt*, Texas A&M)
2018-19 4 (DePaul, Virginia Tech, Alabama, NC State)

2019-20 5 (Wake Forest, Alabama, Georgetown, Ole Miss, Syracuse/OK State)

Avg 2.8 P5+1 OOC games per season from '02-'20

Just thought i would look at this. Scheduling won’t be an issue for PSU in regards to the tournament committee. 5 OOC P5+1 games isn’t that common. In fact it is the 1st time PSU has had over 4 of these types of team on the schedule in a single season in the past 17 seasons. I’ll give Chambers some serious credit on this schedule.

Just an FYI for anyone planning to attend (myself included), single game tickets for Georgetown go on sale today.

3 Likes