2010-2011 Squad

How about talking about this yeaR’S SQUAD? What do the pre season workouts look like? Does anyone have some input?

All I know is Sasa is 6’9. I see him out pretty often, so I figured that I’d ask. Was he listed as 6’8 or 6’9 last season? I would guess that if he says he is 6’9, that he’d be listed at 6’10 on the roster. That means that he has at least grown a little this off-season, correct? That’s not a bad sign.

More than his size, I’m hoping Sasa’s strength and confidence have increased.

[quote=“State4Life, post:2, topic:1285”]All I know is Sasa is 6’9. I see him out pretty often, so I figured that I’d ask. Was he listed as 6’8 or 6’9 last season? I would guess that if he says he is 6’9, that he’d be listed at 6’10 on the roster. That means that he has at least grown a little this off-season, correct? That’s not a bad sign.[/quote]He was listed as 6’9" last year. I doubt that he’s still growing because I he turned 21 last week.

Me too. I see him as a possible key to this season. Ott played some good ball this year, but I always thought Sasa was better.

I think the other new guys have to play big roles. I have lots of confidence in Buie, thought Frazier continued to improve, and early reports on Bowman look good, and Graham has gotten some positive comments. After last year, I just think some new(er) faces have to play a bigger role. Sullinger is picked by some as Big 10 POTY. While our newbies aren’t that level, if they can’t get some time(or replace) from 4 returning starters who were 3-16 in conference play last year, I see another struggling season. I’m hoping for 2 new starters this year, which of course could include Marshall, Sasa, and other non-freshmen as well as frosh.

[quote="Evan Ceg, post:3, topic:1285"]More than his size, I'm hoping Sasa's strength and confidence have increased.[/quote]

Me too. I see him as a possible key to this season. Ott played some good ball this year, but I always thought Sasa was better.

I think the other new guys have to play big roles. I have lots of confidence in Buie, thought Frazier continued to improve, and early reports on Bowman look good, and Graham has gotten some positive comments. After last year, I just think some new(er) faces have to play a bigger role. Sullinger is picked by some as Big 10 POTY. While our newbies aren’t that level, if they can’t get some time(or replace) from 4 returning starters who were 3-16 in conference play last year, I see another struggling season. I’m hoping for 2 new starters this year, which of course could include Marshall, Sasa, and other non-freshmen as well as frosh.

Yeah, we need some improvement and some solid play from some new faces. But I keep trying to remember that we were very close to having a lot more than 3 wins. We should have beaten Wisconsin and Michigan early in the season. And there is no logical reason we should have lost to IU or Iowa. I think some early bad luck and some late game collapses cost us at least a decent season – and maybe a player or two (or three - Burke).