2010-11 Hoops Season has officially begun

I got my bill for my wrestling season tickets in the mail today so I went online to pay them and, lo and behold, there was the bill, dated today, for my basketball tickets too.

I’ve always considered the official start of the season to be the day the bill arrived in my mail box. In this electronic age, I suppose I can change that to the day that the e-bill arrives. ;D

Expect the paper versions to show up in your mail the next day or so.

[quote=“UncleLar, post:1, topic:1262”]I got my bill for my wrestling season tickets in the mail today so I went online to pay them and, lo and behold, there was the bill, dated today, for my basketball tickets too.

I’ve always considered the official start of the season to be the day the bill arrived in my mail box. In this electronic age, I suppose I can change that to the day that the e-bill arrives. ;D

Expect the paper versions to show up in your mail the next day or so.[/quote]

Are you still being invoiced for the senior rate?

…or “The Insider” rate :wink:

[quote="UncleLar, post:1, topic:1262"]I got my bill for my wrestling season tickets in the mail today so I went online to pay them and, lo and behold, there was the bill, dated today, for my basketball tickets too.

Expect the paper versions to show up in your mail the next day or so.[/quote]

Are you still being invoiced for the senior rate?

Yes.

I just checked my ticket invoice. I have four tickets and the invoice is for $765 ($190 per ticket plus $5 handling). Is that the senior rate?

That’s my assumption since it’s the same price that I’ve paid the last couple of years (despite there being more home games this year).

[quote="Bulldog, post:5, topic:1262"]I just checked my ticket invoice. I have four tickets and the invoice is for $765 ($190 per ticket plus $5 handling). Is that the senior rate?[/quote]

That’s my assumption since it’s the same price that I’ve paid the last couple of years (despite there being more home games this year).

WHAT !?!?!?!!?

Now, I know this is going to open up a new can of worms, but…

One of the arguement for not doing much traveling for non-con games was that the AD would be losing a lot of revenue. The reason given was that a big part of the revenue was coming from season ticket sales, i.e. whenever a home game is scheduled, a lot of seats are instantly sold (not a HUGE number, not that the ticket holders show up anyway, but it is additional revenue).

If they are charging the same price for season tickets, no matter how many home games are being played, then I have to really question why more road games aren’t being played.

[quote="Bulldog, post:5, topic:1262"]I just checked my ticket invoice. I have four tickets and the invoice is for $765 ($190 per ticket plus $5 handling). Is that the senior rate?[/quote]

WHAT !?!?!?!!?

One of the arguement for not doing much traveling for non-con games was that the AD would be losing a lot of revenue. The reason given was that a big part of the revenue was coming from season ticket sales, i.e. whenever a home game is scheduled, a lot of seats are instantly sold (not a HUGE number, not that the ticket holders show up anyway, but it is additional revenue).

If they are charging the same price for season tickets, no matter how many home games are being played, then I have to really question why more road games aren’t being played.

I’ve never heard that argument actually (at least from anyone who actually knows what they are talking about). Given what visiting clubs are getting for guarantee games, and given the fee that has to be paid for use of the BJC, I seriously doubt that home hoops games generate one heckuva lot of profit.

WHAT !?!?!?!!?

I’ve never heard that argument actually (at least from anyone who actually knows what they are talking about). Given what visiting clubs are getting for guarantee games, and given the fee that has to be paid for use of the BJC, I seriously doubt that home hoops games generate one heckuva lot of profit.

IS the NLC still doing points with the new STEP system? I am asking because aren’t bball season seat placements done by pts

WHAT !?!?!?!!?

IS the NLC still doing points with the new STEP system? I am asking because aren’t bball season seat placements done by pts

Yes and yes. But just like with football, the basketball seat placement is only for new season ticket holders. No one gets displaced from their old seats.

not that some would notice if they were displaced, it would put a psu twist on the ‘if a tree fell in a forest…’ question

Yes and yes. But just like with football, the basketball seat placement is only for new season ticket holders. No one gets displaced from their old seats.

not that some would notice if they were displaced, it would put a psu twist on the ‘if a tree fell in a forest…’ question

That gives me an idea for a new BJC ticket/seat rule … if you are a season ticket holder and your seat is vacant for X number of games, you get moved up behind the black curtains! :wink:

$190 for the season? Some tickets are close to $150 per game for Seton Hall games (mid court - first few rows). I bet on court seats are close to $190 for Seton Hall - per game! Not to mention PirateBlue (booster club) members have to donate outrageous sums of $ per seat per season.

:o

[quote=“noobd, post:13, topic:1262”]$190 for the season? Some tickets are close to $150 per game for Seton Hall games (mid court - first few rows). I bet on court seats are close to $190 for Seton Hall - per game! Not to mention PirateBlue (booster club) members have to donate outrageous sums of $ per seat per season.

:o[/quote]

you sure about those prices? that would be higher than any Big Ten team. Look at MSU tickets

[quote="noobd, post:13, topic:1262"]$190 for the season? Some tickets are close to $150 per game for Seton Hall games (mid court - first few rows). I bet on court seats are close to $190 for Seton Hall - per game! Not to mention PirateBlue (booster club) members have to donate outrageous sums of $ per seat per season.

you sure about those prices? that would be higher than any Big Ten team. Look at MSU tickets

He’s exaggerating. Seton Hall season tickets are $450 for the general public, $405 for alumni, $225 for faculty, staff, and parents of current students. Recent alumni (last four years) pay $10 a game while students get in at $5 per game. The booster club contribution doesn’t directly cover the seat location but it does determine the order in which seat selection takes place (season ticket holders are reseated every two years).

[quote="noobd, post:13, topic:1262"]$190 for the season? Some tickets are close to $150 per game for Seton Hall games (mid court - first few rows). I bet on court seats are close to $190 for Seton Hall - per game! Not to mention PirateBlue (booster club) members have to donate outrageous sums of $ per seat per season.

He’s exaggerating. Seton Hall season tickets are $450 for the general public, $405 for alumni, $225 for faculty, staff, and parents of current students. Recent alumni (last four years) pay $10 a game while students get in at $5 per game. The booster club contribution doesn’t directly cover the seat location but it does determine the order in which seat selection takes place (season ticket holders are reseated every two years).

Good gravy…are they OVER priced.

Good gravy…are they OVER priced.

That’s probably the same thing that Seton Hall fans would say about Penn State football tickets.

Exactly…2 good gravy’s. :-[

…that depends…is either gravy SOS?

[quote="tundra, post:18, topic:1262"]Exactly..........2 good gravy's. :-[[/quote]

…that depends…is either gravy SOS?

OK…I’ll bite

SOS means ??

1.Same Old Sh#t
2.Save Our Ship
3. Stomp On Snails
4. Some Other Stuff