PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

2010-11 Big Ten Conference Schedule

Sounds like it’s going to be released later today. I’ll have it on the front page Google calendar once it’s out.

Also, Brian Siegrist says “1 hint: first three weeks a doozy” on twitter. Fun.

http://www.bigten.org/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/082610aab.html

We open at Indiana on Dec. 27th! Unfortunately, both the Purdue and MSU home games are over the semester break. :’(

Here’s our schedule:

[size=14pt]2010‐11 BIG TEN MEN’S BASKETBALL SCHEDULE (Conference Only)[/size]

DECEMBER
27 Penn State at Indiana 6:30 p.m. Big Ten Network
JANUARY
2 Penn State at Michigan 4 p.m. Big Ten Network
5 Purdue at Penn State 6:30 p.m. Big Ten Network
8 Michigan State at Penn State 1 p.m. Big Ten Network
11 Illinois at Penn State 9 p.m. Big Ten Network
15 Penn State at Ohio State 5:30 p.m. Big Ten Network
19 Penn State at Purdue 8:30 p.m. Big Ten Network
26 Iowa at Penn State 6:30 p.m. Big Ten Network
29 Wisconsin at Penn State 4 p.m. Big Ten Network
FEBRUARY
1Penn State at Illinois 9 p.m. Big Ten Network
6 Michigan at Penn State Noon/3 p.m. Big Ten Network
10 Penn State at Michigan State 7 p.m. Big Ten Network
13 Northwestern at Penn State 3:30 p.m. Big Ten Network
17 Minnesota at Penn State 7 p.m. ESPN/2
20 Penn State at Wisconsin 6 p.m. Big Ten Network
24 Penn State at Northwestern 9 p.m. ESPN/2
MARCH
1 Ohio State at Penn State 9 p.m. Big Ten Network
6 Penn State at Minnesota 1/6 p.m. Big Ten Network
10-13 Big Ten Tournament Games

It’s gonna’ be a looooooooooong year.

And by that, I mean we play in the very first Big10 game of the season, and also the very last Big10 game of the season before the tournament. So, our basketball season in conference will actually be longer than any of the other teams. :slight_smile:

I like getting minny late in the year. We should be solid by then and it could help the old rpi.

[quote=“bstanf, post:4, topic:1312”]It’s gonna’ be a looooooooooong year.

And by that, I mean we play in the very first Big10 game of the season, and also the very last Big10 game of the season before the tournament. So, our basketball season in conference will actually be longer than any of the other teams. :)[/quote]

Since we play the same number of games as the other Big 10 teams and we play those games over a greater period of time, then, apparently, we must average a little more rest between games and thus will have fresher legs. :wink: :slight_smile:

[quote=“Skeeza, post:3, topic:1312”]Here’s our schedule:

[size=14pt]2010‐11 BIG TEN MEN’S BASKETBALL SCHEDULE (Conference Only)[/size]

DECEMBER
27 Penn State at Indiana 6:30 p.m. Big Ten Network
JANUARY
2 Penn State at Michigan 4 p.m. Big Ten Network
5 Purdue at Penn State 6:30 p.m. Big Ten Network
8 Michigan State at Penn State 1 p.m. Big Ten Network
11 Illinois at Penn State 9 p.m. Big Ten Network
15 Penn State at Ohio State 5:30 p.m. Big Ten Network
19 Penn State at Purdue 8:30 p.m. Big Ten Network
26 Iowa at Penn State 6:30 p.m. Big Ten Network
29 Wisconsin at Penn State 4 p.m. Big Ten Network
FEBRUARY
1Penn State at Illinois 9 p.m. Big Ten Network
6 Michigan at Penn State Noon/3 p.m. Big Ten Network
10 Penn State at Michigan State 7 p.m. Big Ten Network

13 Northwestern at Penn State 3:30 p.m. Big Ten Network
17 Minnesota at Penn State 7 p.m. ESPN/2
20 Penn State at Wisconsin 6 p.m. Big Ten Network
24 Penn State at Northwestern 9 p.m. ESPN/2
MARCH
1 Ohio State at Penn State 9 p.m. Big Ten Network
6 Penn State at Minnesota 1/6 p.m. Big Ten Network
10-13 Big Ten Tournament Games[/quote]

I drew a big line to seperate the season into 2 parts.

The second part of the seaon, from Feb 13th on, we play six games, home/away against Minny, and home/away against NWstern. That’s 4 of the last 6 games against what may be some of the non-contenders.

Strange that they have those home/away games so close together.

Only two games on ESPN or ESPN2, including the annual Two Birds with One Stone trophy game against Northwestern. Sigh.

It looks like I’ll probably be able to attend 3 games: Michigan, MSU, Wisky… not a bad lineup.

[quote=“NationBuilder, post:2, topic:1312”]http://www.bigten.org/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/082610aab.html

We open at Indiana on Dec. 27th! Unfortunately, both the Purdue and MSU home games are over the semester break. :’([/quote]

Is the semester break later this year? It seems like the students would be back by Jan 8 most years (or my memory fails).

2 may be more than I expected after last season, even though it’s Talor’s last season. I’m kinda disappointed that our final game doesn’t at least have a chance of ESPN or CBS this year, though.

First day of classes is January 10th.

I can see 9 wins in this sked, but it’s a stretch. IMO, have to win the 1st two games away at Indiana and Michigan. If we lose both, hide under your desk. Need to beat Iowa, sweep NW and UM, split with Minny and IL (at worst) and maybe we pick up a home win vs. one/two of the powers. IL has everyone back, Purdue almost everyone(though Kramer gave us fits), MSU should be good(Morgan looked lost last year, but Allen a loss), lucky that Coble gone, and no idea about Minny, and Ryan will have our number as usual…but that game at the Kohl Center was thrown away, so you never know. :wink: I wonder who’s playing the 2 for MSU(Summers more of a 3), and Kalin recuperating. Hmmm. Gotta check the commits.

IMO, this team will be better than last year(in the spirit of full disclosure, I said that last season. Doh!). I know we lost Babb and Edwards, but Buie and Bowman combined might be better overall, and heard good things about Oliver and Marshall, and I prefer Sasa over Ott. Unfortunate only 1 game vs. IU and Iowa as stated in the scrolling news piece.

Eh - not going to get too wrapped up in the schedule. You’re going to have ups and downs over an 18 game slate, losing when you shouldn’t and winning when you probably shouldn’t… That kind of stuff evens out typically - although we may be due for a couple extra wins this year if the averages are to come back in our favor from last years close losses.

But if we’re good enough, we’ll win the appropriate amount of games. I have a hard time seeing us doing that right now, but I’m hopeful and will be cheering them on no matter what.

I see 9 wins in here too.

Does 9 wins get us in the dance if we win the games we’re supposed to in the non-conf?

Yes

[quote="Craftsy21, post:16, topic:1312"]Does 9 wins get us in the dance if we win the games we're supposed to in the non-conf?[/quote]

Yes

Does 9 wins sound do-able to you Lar?

What’s your take on this squad given the off-season changes?

[quote="Craftsy21, post:16, topic:1312"]Does 9 wins get us in the dance if we win the games we're supposed to in the non-conf?[/quote]

Yes

I’d say it’s possible but not probable.

We need all four seniors to play like seniors. We also need everyone to stay healthy.

Yes

I’d say it’s possible but not probable.

We need all four seniors to play like seniors. We also need everyone to stay healthy.

Tend to agree.